Wednesday 11 September 2024

A busy few days

 That was a day! It went from 5 ℃. up to 24!


🚚 I had a nice email from the company whose van that kept tailing me last week, trying to pass in unsafe conditions. I'd emailed the Operations Manager, who got back to me to let me know that he was going to speak to the two drivers. 

The day began! 

Rather than sitting here in parkas, I turned on the heat, after I figured out I'd put on the A/C at first. 😏 Cinnamon snuggled up on the foot stool, over the heat vent. He sort of fell off and supported himself with a paw on the floor.


We've had deer about. The fawn hasn't been anywhere near the house, as far as I know.




I was out looking at the goldfish pond, watching Jeremiah Bullfrog. He croaked a couple of times – great big bullfrog gallumps.  There were three leopard frogs in the pond. A dragonfly landed and Jeremiah went after it. A leopard frog took off in fear for its life.

 

In the afternoon, a Monarch eclosed! They hang vertically until their wings harden up after they've unfolded.

Things are happening in the forest.

Coyote shares the forest with the deer!  

 The doe bedded down in the forest.  

 The little fawn.
 

9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh those sweet deer (as long as they're not eating your flowers!) Love how they somehow know the camera is capturing their image and they look right at it!

RedPat said...

It wasn't quite that cold here but I was bundled up to keep warm.

DrumMajor said...

With all that fur, you'd think kitties wouldn't get cold, but they're SO sensitive and like warm stuff. Linda in Kansas

Val Ewing said...

I like it that you catch so much activity on that camera in the same spot. It took me a while to find the best area for my trail cam.
We had 39 F here on Sunday morning and I turned our heat on. Today it looks like I'll turn on the A/C.

Elephant's Child said...

I am amazed at how similar our temperatures are at the moment. We went from 4C to 20C yesterday though won't be as warm today.

Anvilcloud said...

It will be a cold night indeed when I engage the furnace in September.

Red said...

The white tails are still in their summer coats.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Not seeing many Monarchs this year . Glad you had a hatch:)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love your deer photos, great captures of the frog and monarch!
Take care, enjoy your day!