Sunday 22 September 2024

Out to lunch!

It was time for a new header. The leaves are falling at a great rate. Even the dwindling sumac we have isn't showing its marvellous colours. I reached back into the archives for a photo, from 2008 in Bala, where we were living at the time. 

They came and serviced our furnace, and Joe suggested we go out. There aren't many days left to sit outdoors for a meal.  We went out to CC's for a late lunch. I was supposed to have a client, but that was cancelled. It was one of the last hot days. The cool nights make it perfect. At night I open up the windows, and the house cools back down. I can hear the coyotes yipping, our barred owl calling, and it makes for  lovely dreams. 


There was a large group behind us. They were happy to be out and visiting under the tent. 

Our local food bank, The Table Community Food Centre, is having a fundraiser. Hence the tents. We donate monthly to The Table. It is an important part of our community, educating people, providing congregate meals, and teaching cooking classes!

We were having our drinks, when a lovely man came over to ask if I wrote the Cottage Country blog. I was tickled pink, and surprised. I know AC and I have talked about who reads our respective blogs. The man told me he saw my telephoto lens and that gave me away! They cottage here, and live in Ottawa. I told them it made my day! I said good-bye to the Thomas and Nancy on the way out.

Only one cloud in the sky over the Big Rideau!


One boat was on its way out.

Between the mainland (left) and the island (right), it is shallow. The migrating birds gather here.


I think the Osprey have already migrated. We did see geese, ducks, and a vulture soaring in circles.








 Such a lovely day. It was a Thursday, Sept. 19th. It's better than on Fridays, when things get busy in cottage country. Even in the shoulder seasons! Off we went to see the locks. More on that later!


No comments: