Saturday 14 September 2024

Saturday's Critters

 Here we are. Saturday again. We've a power outage tomorrow morning. Hydro will be replacing a post somewhere near us. Hopefully, we'll see you on the other side of that.

I'm working on some videos of Jeremiah Bullfrog. Here is a screen shot! We had some flying ants all around the goldfish pond. Isn't that a heckuva tongue?!

Galloping skunk

   


I put out a muffin. Butch stole it. Mousie ate the crumbs. This is the Birdcam. A handy little tool.
   


 I found an SD Card in the forest, beside the Frog pond trailcam. You can see that a year apart, they still pee on camera. We've only had a single coyote lately. I heard two yipping at 11:30 on night. I know there is more than one this year.
   

 I have seen three Monarchs recently eclosed, hatched out and flapping their wings to dry!
 

The fisher whips through!
 


Saturday's Critters # 561 <= visit more critters at Eileen's site!

13 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Love seeing all your critters, especially the Monarch butterfly!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Great videos and critter photos. I thought I saw a Fisher along side the highway in Pennsylvania , it was a quick sighting. I was driving. The mouse is a cutie! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Jeanie said...

You've had some good sightings! I'll look forward to Jeremiah!

Anu said...

Hello. Great videos. Thank you for sharing them.

DrumMajor said...

You have a wonderful carnival of critters! Mousie has big eyes! Linda in Kansas

Karen said...

I'm so happy we have had quite a few monarchs here too. And bumblebees, my goodness, so many still feeding heavily on the purple petunias and purple thyme.

Mae Travels said...

Nice images! Your wildlife is always varied and unusual.

RedPat said...

I've seen a few Monarchs this week fluttering along in a southerly direction.

Kay said...

OMG! I never imagined their tongues would look like that!

Cloudia said...

So enjoy being here with you and seeing all of this. Thank you, Jenn! Aloha

Elephant's Child said...

Wonderful critters.

MELODY JACOB said...

The screenshot with the tongue must be quite something, especially with the flying ants around. Good luck with the power outage—hope everything goes smoothly and you’re back up and running in no time!

I wishing you a lovely weekend. you are invited to read my new blog post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2022/10/how-to-break-out-of-nzu-addiction.html

Ontario Wanderer said...

Great frog tongue photo!