Wednesday 25 September 2019

trailcam tales

The action in the forest has been amazing. We were out in Belleville Monday afternoon, this is when our handsome coyote tripped by the trail, 1:38 p.m..

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

They like to sniff the camera.
  


The turkeys are growing, still not huge, though. The momma's are vigilant.

Bucks, yes plural. Watch for them!

This little chick was a hoot! It was cheeping away for some reason. The adult looked concerned.
wild turkey from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I've tagged my last monarch. Farewell. The last two hatched, one wasn't viable. It fell off the ceiling of the front porch, not a good sign. I put it up on the scarecrow.

Also, I heard a BARRED OWL in the forest last night. Lots of fun! (I keep track of them!)

10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

The deer and others are cute. The coyote is awesome.

Hootin Anni said...

It's been a long time since I've seen a barred owl here! Way too long. Love the gorgeous coyote.

eileeninmd said...

hello,

Love the barn owl and the monarch images. The trail cam video and critters are wonderful.

Wishing you a great day!

Nancy J said...

Ditto for the coyote, very handsome. Wee chick, just letting us know he was there.

RedPat said...

I have seen 14 Monarchs so far today! All heading south!

Christine said...

The squirrels here are very active!

William Kendall said...

The animals are certainly aware of the camera. I often wonder what they think of it.

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Jenn, fabulous captures on your cam. I especially loved seeing the doe walking across in front of the turkeys... so much action out there!
Beautiful to see that dappled light and the turkeys walking through the woods in the last vid too :D) xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jenn, this is a great critter post. I loved all the videos. Thanks for sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend. PS, thanks for the visit and comment.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I can't believe the beautiful owl! You know it's my dream to see one in the wild! Enjoy your weekend! Lots of great sightings this week!