Wednesday 18 September 2019

Autumn approaches

I think we are at the end of the butterflies. This is the last, an eastern comma.


There are a couple of chrysalids up on the eaves. I tried to videotape them eclosing, but they didn't emerge. I don't think they are viable.


The moths on the trailcams are amazing. I've not seen any in the daytime. Not in years.
Imperial Moth 4", it was!

The Virginia creeper, wild ivy, is starting to turn.


Puffballs, they can grow very big with the right conditions.


This is one I found in the nearby park, in 2012.


Nature and art! I did the lawn and managed to avoid the leopard frogs in the grass.


They finally bloomed!


It was a lovely sunset.

6 comments:

Karen said...

We had to haul down our rotten old hop vines yesterday. The leaves were all eaten by these horrible little green worms. The vines are sure tenacious.
We found some monarch chrysalis clinging to the rails under the old vines. I wonder if they are viable?

Anvilcloud said...

Lovely sunset indeed, and today's sunrise too.

Nancy J said...

Love your sunset, and puffballs, even now I love to find one, and jump...well not quite the jump but a firm foot and see the powder fly out.

William Kendall said...

That sunset shot is stunning!

RedPat said...

I'm still seeing a lot of butterflies down here especially the Monarchs! Such a good sign to see them all!

Crafty Green Poet said...

The imperial moth is beautiful and I love the photo of the two frogs