Tuesday 24 September 2019

Festival of Small Halls: Harry Manx

We were in Merrickville for a concert, part of the Festival of Small Halls  series. It's a brilliant idea. We went to see Harry Manx. The church, Merrickville United, has little tables for drinks and a bar. Seriously! My mother was a staunch churchgoer, choir member, choir director, etc.

I asked JB what he thought my mother would have thought of this. (She loved her sherry!) He said, "She'd either be steadfast against it, or in charge of it!"

It was a great concert. Harry Manx is a hoot with his self-deprecating stories. He spent 12 years in India, and you can hear its influence in his music.

“Mysticssippi” blues man Harry Manx has been called an “essential link” between the music of East and West, creating musical short stories that wed the tradition ...


The bar was in the back. 


5 comments:

Karen said...

Harry Manx is great. I have him on my iPod💥

Christine said...

sounds fun.

Angie said...

Jenn - I don't think I have ever heard of Harry Manx, but I liked what I heard in the video! How wonderful to see him in an intimate setting, even if it was a church!

Anvilcloud said...

I agree that this is a great idea although I don't think my back could handle a concert on difficult seating.

William Kendall said...

Quite a setting for a performance.