Saturday 13 July 2019

Saturday's critters

It's been busy. I love the hummingbirds. It's just makes me relax, watching them! The hummingbird, through the window, from the comfort of my chair, is the best. The bugs are awful: mosquitoes, deerflies and horseflies.



A snapping turtle in the frog pond, bear, coyotes on the trailcam!

Snapping turtle

I wandered down to the frog pond, and I could see something. A nice sized snapping turtle. It seems to have two leeches on its back. I know we have leeches in the pond. I found a huge one a few years ago.

Bear

I managed to get Junior Bear on both trailcams, as he moved through the area. The time is slightly off, but you get the picture. He ambled past the first trailcam, and then skirted the frogpond, between that and the wetland. It's a high traffic area.


A bird, coyotes and turkeys

First up, a bird of prey soared along. I repeated it in slow-motion. I don't know what the bird was.
The coyotes (a pair), and a pair of turkeys. The one coyote just burst through, the other doesn't seem to like the trail camera! It's a great spot for the camera.

trailcam from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Saturday's Critters #291 & 10th Blog Anniversary

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Jen! I love watching the hummers too. I try to set up the feeders near the windows. Neat capture of the bear on the video. The turkey is great too.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks for all the visits my blog and for all the nice comments.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Hummers really are special. My neighbor has some flowers that are attracting them now and 2 keep flying in together and chasing each other off! Enjoy your weekend!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Great videos of the bear, hummers, turtle, and turkey. I need to try some videos. Thanks for the inspiration.

Karen said...

Lots of excitement in your back forty!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
You do a fab job getting all these 'intimacies' with nature! YAM xx

William Kendall said...

The bear is quite formidable!

Red said...

Very few hummers here but they are fascinating to watch.