Tuesday 23 July 2019

What a month it has been!

JB went to the dump, taking our old laundry umbrella and the mouse-eaten kiddie pool. There were vultures keeping a close eye on him! (Not to mention the ubiquitous gulls!)


A Good Giggle


This was really funny. I watch Your Morning in the morning, whilst sipping coffee. Anne-Marie, in the middle, abruptly finished her piece about wine and book clubs, and then dumped her coffee. Now, I cannot imagine what it is like, getting up at 4 a.m., or whatever hour, for a 6 a.m. start to their day, but I'm sure she thought the cup empty!!!

What was peculiar, is that the incident (can we call it an accident?!) was followed closely by a paper towel commercial!


The heat wave, with the humidity, is over for now.


That said, my topsoil pile isn't getting any smaller.


Perhaps, that is due to someone spending her time in the kiddie pool?! Even the lilac leaves are wilting in the heat.


Down at the frogpond, there is poisonous blue-green algae. It develops in the heat. There are issues with it and dogs, for example. You have to avoid it.


The bugs aren't as bad as they've been. Ten on a trek to the frogpond, compared to 35!


 Happy goldfish after I feed them the bugs.
goldfish from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

From my deck chair, a chrysalis.


They love the hops vine, and I watch them every summer! Both comma and question mark butterflies.


What floats my boat is playing Angry Birds. Sadly, I seem to be better at 2nd place and 3rd! My competitors, daughter Caitlin, and acquaintance Tom, are much faster and more clever than I am. It takes my mind off things.


The trailcam revealed a coyote, raccoon, and, I think, a flying squirrel.


This is a bit of fun. First a coyote roars by. Then, watch the upper left corner!
Trailcam from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

9 comments:

Karen said...

We had scads of flying squirrels around here last year. They would come diving in when we sat out on the side porch at night and sit on top of the posts watching us. We haven't seen a one this year. I found one dead in the rain barrel early in the spring. Perhaps it was the mother?

DUTA said...

Such a beautiful butterfly, contrasting with those ugly, little bugs which make one's life a misery .Sadly, life is becoming more bugs than butterflies, more ugliness than beauty.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
fun post today - eclectic! YAM xx

Olga said...

You always have the most varied and interesting posts.

Gaelyn said...

The trail cam is fun but I can't tell what the eyeballs belong to. The bugs you can keep. Like the idea of soaking in a kiddy pool. I like the way you have fun.

Nancy J said...

What was in the tree? you re3ally need a quad bike? that dirt is so hard to move!!! Love the pool, and the TV ad, I watch our " Breakfast" that gives morning news from our 6 a.m. but they all have to be in the studio from 5 a.m. so a 4 a.m. start!!!

Red said...

It looks like your dirt pile is starting to grow grass or weeds!!!

Angie said...

Jenn - glad you are getting some relief from the heat, but a kiddie pool is a good solution in the meantime! We are heading out camping tomorrow, and hoping the mosquitoes won't be too bad! Love your critter videos - a flying squirrel!

William Kendall said...

I'm assuming that's a squirrel?