Monday 8 July 2019

Rapid fire round!

I found a dock spider. Hooper was quite interested...


Leaves of 3 let them be! Poisonous oak.


All of the mason bees and wasps have hatched, more have been laid.


My poor catalpa tree, it still hasn't filled out. I've trimmed some of the dead branches, but I am not hopeful.


We had dinner out last Thursday!


We've had some humid summer days. I've been grateful for the air conditioner. The odd spot of rain, but things are growing nicely. The camera fogged up, in the humidity, but I like the photo! My roses are looking good!


The frog pond is slowly growing over. We need our muskrats back to take it down.


Sunday, our power was out from 7 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. for repairs. Happily, it was a nice day, and I watched the birds for hours. It was lovely! This is from our back deck.




red-eyed vireo from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

First hay!

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The spider is creepy. I hope your tree survives, pretty roses. Great birds and videos! Enjoy your day and I wish you a happy new week!

Karen said...

We have a robust spider population this year too.

Nancy J said...

What a great hay tedder, I can remember the one my Dad had, single size, nothing so fancy like this one. Enjoy those hot summer days, I have the first Daffodil out down here !!

Kathy G said...

At a previous house we had a row of catalpa trees along the road. Every few years we'd have the branches trimmed back almost to the trunk so it would leaf out again.

Natalia said...

Love your photos, I like the environment, but not the spider:) Adding videos is a great idea:)

William Kendall said...

If it moves, a cat will be interested in it.

Kay said...

That dock spider looks 10 inches wide. Arrrghhh!