Monday 29 July 2019

Glad the week is over!

I have been having some trouble changing over from my laptop, which is in the shop, to this very old iPad! It is slower than ________; you fill it in. I think JB deserves a new iPad for his birthday!

 Normally, I would have it easier, but on these machines you have to open an app for everything, then reset my passwords. This is a job for a patient person. Pffftttt. I won't get my laptop back until the end of the week. There m,ay be a trip to Kingston with the girls!~

I usually export my photos in a lower resolution than the originals. That doesn't work on the iPad. I had to monopolize JB's desktop computer, then upload them to Blogger from there. That meant changing passwords, again. It is tricky commenting on other blogs. I shall do my best. I hope you have missed me!


Here is my latest video, I am having trouble embedding it. It shows the funniest porcupine on its haunches.

I miss my computer!

The battery on JB's car keys has gone. I switched fobs with him. You can lock it from the inside, then close the door,which is fine. BUT when you insert the actual key the alarm goes off. It is not good for my anxiety. He found us a battery, once I figured out how to open the danged thing. We're good now.


Saturday night the microwave pooched out on us. Do you know how much we use it? Sigh. I have had a microwave oven since 1976!JB did research and thinks it might be a simple fix with a part. It will require a professional, though.

We shall see what is next to go.
Annabelle is the summer Norwegian Forest Cat. She doesn't mind the 31 C. temperatures. Hooper goes out at night.


This week is Gramma Camp. We shall see how things go. We've brought in monster juice, bottled water (Izzy doesn't like our well water!). The pool is full, and warm. We will make up a menu for the week. Izzy likes shopping with Grampa! It will be fun!



I started sprouts a few days ago.

Josee likes them on her sandwiches.

This has two caterpillars, and an egg!

This leaf has THREE eggs!
This is supposed to be unusual.


On the scorched front lawn, there was one large monarch caterpillar.

I was thinking of moving it, as the plant looks like it is on its last legs. It is so dry and hot.

The deerflies are not as bad, but still horrid.


I'll see you soon, fair readers. Bear with me. Deep breath!

10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Have a good week with the kids. Meanwhile, CP200 activities continue.

Out To Pasture said...

Tech gadgets, eh? Frustrating when they act up or become obsolete. We are hooked on them anyway. I love the picture of Hooper on his back but still keeping eye contact. He looks a lot like my favourite cat, Jake, who died about forty-five years ago.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, this weeks are flying by as is summer. Love the cute kitty photos.
Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Now that I found ways of working better with the tablet, it is not quite as frustrating as it was... but nothing beats the laptop! Deep breaths... enjoy the kids. YAM xx

Karen said...

Doesn't it amazing you that the weeks thrive on the drought?!!!!

Nancy J said...

Just as the South Pole has 2 kinds of weather, " Cold" and " Very Cold" your iPad has Very Slow!!! Hope the original way of computing is fixed quickly.Garden looks good, our bulbs are starting to show, daffs, snowdrops and jonquils all out, the tulips are still only 4 inches of a green shoot .Not enough cold to make them think Spring is here.

Cloudia said...

Love your photos. Best Wishes with your laptop dear

Red said...

Computers can be a real pain.

Angie said...

Jenn - sometimes, dealing with technology is like giving birth - slow and painful! But you are right, deep breathing (and sucking on ice cubes) does help! Perhaps Camp will take your mind off of it?

William Kendall said...

The cats look suitably relaxed.