Wednesday 24 July 2019

Oot and aboot

I went on a trek. A little one, to figure out what was making noise. I searched high and low. It was good exercise. I think it was the crows going after the ruffed grouse chicks. The bugs were awful until I got deeper into the wetland. The bird song was amazing.


 A friendly visitor. JB and I were reading on the back deck. I whispered to him to look. 

I was in my garden, and this lovely thing was shining its face in the dappled sunlight.
 

There is a new bug eating up and laying on the milkweed. I don't know what it is. Some research will be involved.


I love the balloon flower. You'd think they would make me sad, but they don't. On a visit to a garden centre I asked my youngest to choose a plant for the new garden. (He was 8 at the time!) We are now estranged, but it makes me think of a happier time in our relationship. It would have been 1993 when I had just left my first husband. I was happy to see them in this garden, when we moved here in 2010.


I continued my walkabout. Doing my chores, filling the fountain, checking on my plants.


I love this dead root. It looks like a Dr. Seuss character. And now it has a beautiful, golden friend!


Do you recall our deer friend up above? If you examine the stems, you will see a number of blossoms missing. I have a suspect. Happily, there are a lot of blossoms.


The hostas have been nipped in the bud! She left us some, though.


A photo bomb! It's wet, as I had just watered them.

4 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Lots of pretty - definitely mood lifters! YAM xx

Out To Pasture said...

So sorry about your family estrangement, Jennifer. Sadly, it's not an uncommon occurrence in many households (my own included). Your pretty doe friend may have helped your crop by pruning some of the blossoms.

Anvilcloud said...

The more moderate weather helps.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots!