Tuesday 20 November 2018

Turkeys, new decor

I had this post prepared last week. Stuff happened, mostly a few snowstorms! We've had snow for a week. Just a skiff, most days.

Oct. 26th

Turkeys in the forest, leaves shushing, a gentle gobble, gobble... you have to imagine it. There isn't any sound! I thought you'd enjoy the photo series. It's covered in snow, now!


Oct. 29

We had rain on and off Monday, Oct. 29th. I chopped up some dead branches, felled by the snow storm, Oct. 28th. I'm ready for new decor. I shoved the pine branches into the planters. Since then, the petunias and the alyssum gave up the buscuit, but it looked pretty good. Scarecrow has gone into the garage.



This is Daisy's Christmas tree, the one she burned her tongue on. Melted candles, and all. It was a hot summer!


Speaking of Daisy, we had a miracle. After a week on drugs, we just put her on a new one. That said, we've been keeping her in if Hooper is out, and vice-versa. She is slightly less aggressive, and came in from outside, and just walked past him.
This morning, they were dancing in and out of the bathroom, taking positions, whilst hubby shaved.  I am crossing my fingers and taking my anti-anxiety drug!


Down in the forest, the deer have been using my foot prints as a track.They often use my tracks this way. It saves them energy in the deep snow.


The frog pond is nice and wet, filling with ice and snow.



Yesterday morning, Nov. 19th, poor deer is chomping weeds, still standing in the snow.


Back in November, 2017

I've been taking photos of the old DAROU Farmhouse deconstruction.  The building has been bought, and is being moved to Lombardy. It had some issues. They want to use the land.

 

After – Nov. 12th, 2018


Nov. 19th

Hubby stopped on the way home to take a photo of the latest deconstruction.

9 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
a nice little round-up of the state of play! YAM xx

DUTA said...

The deer in the snow is a lovely sight!

Nancy J said...

It all looks wonderful to me, and good news that Daisy and Hooper are starting to live in limited harmony.

RedPat said...

I love that the deer use your path!

Out To Pasture said...

That is hopeful news on Daisy's territorial aggression. Perhaps in time, her meds will train her mind that peace is the new normal. I love how those turkeys like to march in single file. Quite military!

Kay said...

I love all your photos, Jenn. I can really visualize what it’s like in your part of the world. I’m afraid it’s a bit crazy in mine trying to catch up with all our chores since being away so long. We just have too much to do at the end of the year.

William Kendall said...

We shall have to see if the snow sticks around!

Good for Daisy. Hopefully she continues to behave this way and the work you've been doing with her carries on.

Christine said...

So peaceful seeing the chomping deer. Your new baskets are pretty.

Linda said...

That is a big project having the house moved. Winter has arrived here even thought there is a month of Fall left.