Tuesday 13 November 2018

Daisy walkies, Daisy report

Some of you may recall Daisy's expensive electrocution. (Read more: My poor Daisy | Daisy's Progress: PPF). She chewed on the Christmas tree.



I drew a picture of the event.

 

JB brought us home a new tree. Seriously...




Back to Daisy. In an unusual moment, we were watching TV, Annabelle at my feet, and Daisy climbed up. THIS is progress. 


She is having her meds (amitriptyline) in her ear. It does calm her. We've been working on keeping one out, the other in; putting Daisy in the crate, or on a leash, until I figure out what is up. Thing is, she's wary of me picking her up all the time. I'm wondering if it is deferred aggression, as she sees Hooper outdoor, come in hormones raging.
She'll go to her crate, I keep a dish of food there, or I put her on a leash if I think I still see the aggression.


We took a lovely walk in the forest, she was her old self.


The frog pond continues to fill up. We had snow yesterday, and we're having snow today.


She got herself a soaker. She was deeply suspicious, perhaps the ice wasn't hard enough, and then found out.


8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Applying meds in the ear is unique but must be better than trying to give it orally if it works. Cats and meds don't go together in my experience.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
small mercies... do you think the dynamic also was affected by Dora's departure? YAM xx

Out To Pasture said...

Good news on Daisy's behaviour progress. You're a good peacekeeper!

Gaelyn said...

LOL! I do feel sorry for Daisy the drama Queen, but your drawing is hilarious. She really is a poser.

Powell River Books said...

Cute tractor seat chair. We had to do ear meds for Stick when he got an infection. I was almost impossible to catch him after the first few times. That wasn't as hard as the saline injections at the end to keep him hydrated. - Margy

William Kendall said...

Hopefully it gradually sorts out for her. The wetlands still being in that in between spot reminds me that in spots on the Canal in town, there's a thin layer of ice, but not much. I doubt the ducks that stay over the winter are trying to walk on it yet.

Lowcarb team member said...

I agree with William, I too hope it gradually sorts out for her.

Our weather here in the UK has been quite mild, and it's been nice to go out in the Autumn sunshine - I'm sure it will change soon though.

All the best Jan

Sue (this n that) said...

I love your sense of humour Jenn, and your drawing.
You've got a lovely way of caring for Daisy.