Thursday 1 November 2018

Driving to Pembroke

We were on a mission yesterday: a trip to Pembroke to visit an art show. More on that later, but you will see why we visited! It was over two hours, pouring rain in spots, and 264 km.

The trip itself was quite the thing. Firstly, this heron came out of the ditch. I think it should have gone south, as the froggies have gone to sleep!

There is a section with deer crossing signs.


We didn't need to worry about deer, they were hunkered down in the rain. A blue heron was fishing in the ditch, though. It was a bit of a surprise! I isolated the dashcam video with a couple of photos.




It was a miserable drive. Hubby did well. I offered to drive, but he feels too responsible having to take photos!!!

In Pakenham...  they didn't need to pull out in front of us. It's really disturbing. 

Lots of people were passing, in pouring rain. Very slippery, with near zero conditions.



Here is a familiar section, when we traveled to Bala, to visit ailing parents...






On the way home, this parent walked out from behind a bus, and we didn't have time to stop. I think it was Carleton Place, says hubby.


We were pretty happy to arrive home and get out of the damp and rain. We had 10.8 mm at home, according to the rain gauge.



Passing two cars at once.



 Slow down, people. Somebody loves your victim. You never know what will happen.
This dude captured dashcam footage. Two deaths.

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Never been to Pembroke. Every year when the nice weather comes, I say I should go, but never do.

Olga said...

It is getting more and more crazy on the roads it seems. So many cars, construction delays, impatient drivers. Add dark and wet weather weather to the mix and it is time for me to think about becoming a recluse.

Karen said...

That 407 fire was alarming. I worry about my kids who live down there when anything happens.
I'm anxious to hear about the art exhibit! Was Jelly Massee one of the participants?

William Kendall said...

That's quite a drive. Not the kind of weather you want to be driving in, but I imagine your purpose made it worth going out in the rain.