Wednesday 21 November 2018

Starting off with a bang

Well, what a start to the day. Across the highway, they are dumping soil. I can hear them using a jack hammer to drill for some build nearby. Annabelle is very upset. She's the one who growls at thunder!

Apparently, I have to throw out the Romaine Lettuce in my refridge. Irrigation water, exposed to the livestock, or in the processing, or the trucking. They don't know why or how. It happened a year ago, as well.



The trailcam has been slow! I replaced the batteries, and that made a difference. When the images go pink, that is the sign!

I managed to capture the propane dude! Good to have heat.


We expect to go down quite a bit today and overnight. I must get the fire on!


In the meantime, there is a traffic incident on the highway. A collision, a truck and a hydro pole, at the very least. The power of social media is interesting. There is a school in this area. Apparently, they are letting school busses and teachers through to get to the school. Traffic is being rerouted. They are thundering past many homes, in a reroute.

What is sad, is that the site of the power outage is where they replaced some poles last Sunday. They had power out Sunday from 7 a.m. until 1:45. There will be some grumpy people!!!!

"The collision resulted in a broken poll and hydro and phone wires being brought down, resulting in a local power outage. More than 200 customers are without electricity as a result. Hydro One reports it could be four o’clock before it is restored."



We're still finding a challenge with Daisy. I have her collar off. She is more manageable. The creamy stuff we put into her ear (amitriptyline) didn't seem to do much, although she did come around last weekend.

She won't take the new pills easily.  Aside from the first one. This morning I shoved a treat into it, and she ate it. Hooper spent the night on our bed, with the door closed.

I am taking extra meds for anxiety. It is stressful. I do have hope, however. Once we make an effort to separate them. One out the front door, the other in the back, things are calmer.


Everyone likes Daisy's crate!


Sunset

5 comments:

Powell River Books said...

The romaine scare surprises me. Every field can't be contaminated and every distribution channel must have it's own safety measures. I can understand a localized ban, but North America wide? I bet we never hear what the answer is. We've been eating head lettuce since it lasts so long and makes a great chopped salad so we are okay for now. Which begs the question, why wouldn't all kinds of lettuce be affected? They grown the same, are processed the same and shipped the same. - Margy

Nancy J said...

I always get a smile when I read your words. The propane dude!!! Hope he delivered ample, down here it has been cold for November.

DUTA said...

Lettuce, broccoli, and the like, are never safe. I'm addicted to lettuce, and I not only buy the readily washed kind, I also wash it again at home, and still I know deep inside that these plants are not safe.

William Kendall said...

That sunset view is pretty. I imagine what's now on the ground might well be staying until April.

Red said...

It sounds like you should go back to bed, put your head under a pillow and start your day over again!