Thursday 29 November 2018

What's with this weather?

Monday, Nov. 27 – 20 mm rain. Our snow began to melt.



The deer are finishing up our pumpkins.




Tuesday, snow. They were not amused. "We changed our minds!"


Tuesday night was beautiful!


It kept on falling! I went on the deck, in the dark.


Wednesday morning it was a beautiful place, with snow coating all the branches.


Hubby and I went out to clean up.
snow from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


UPDATE:
There might be progress with Daisy bullying Hooper. I continue to shove a pill down her throat every morning. It's not pretty. You wouldn't think it tasted like chicken. So they say. Who tested it?! She's been spitting it out. I shove it back in.

Annabelle has been coming to Hooper's rescue. Daisy keeps trying to let Hooper know she is boss. We watched TV last night with all three cats in the room. Fingers are crossed.



10 comments:

Olga said...

If you have serious questions about what is up with the weather you should contact Donald Trump. He has serious gut knowledge about such things -- far greater than any scientific explanation. Excuse me while I go spot out the regorge of my morning coffee.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Annie stepping in is probably as effective as anything... meanwhile, you are in a winter wonderland!!! It's just plain dank here - and night-time dark at midday. sigh...YAM xx

Karen said...

I'm having a bit of a time with my girls. I think it is about territory. The old gal, who came here late in life, has no claws. The young gal, (who is Hooper's doppleganger), is a bit of an aggressive kitty. She goes after the old lady, who is very vocal (I think because of being declawed-I didn't do it!!). Lots of screaming and yelling and not just from the cat......it's frustrating. I just ignore them but the mister is not happy with it.

Powell River Books said...

I understand how hard it is to give a cat a pill. I remember those days with sharp teeth and fighting back. But if it is working, it's worth it. We might get some snow this weekend, probably just a dusting on Sunday night and Monday. I like the look, but hate the freezing temps at night that turn it into ice on the roads. - Margy

William Kendall said...

Your shot of Hooper and Annabelle just says it all. Their expressions are priceless.

DUTA said...

We all know what's with the weather. We cannot control it, not even science can. I wouldn't like to be an island. Islands are said to be swallowed by the sea in the near future. How near? Only God knows the answer.

DeniseinVA said...

I do enjoy watching your videos. And the photos also. The snow looks real pretty. I have heard my friends about giving a cat a pill, always sounds challenging.

Christine said...

That's a lot of rain!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

its very beautiful (but I am such a weather wimp, all that snow would scare me). Olga's comment made me smile (wryly) about the very very sad situtation we have here.

Red said...

It's the time of year for variable weather.