Monday 26 November 2018

Gramma Camp 3.2 Saturday


1. Gramma Camp 3.0
2. Gramma Camp 3.1 Friday

3. Saturday, Nov. 24

Gramma woke at 5:30! I let Daisy out of her crate, force fed her pill. Next, I rebuilt the fire. Isabelle woke about 7 a.m., we watched Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn, and SpongeBob. Izzy had some fruit.


Our new toothbrushes: Brush Naked. They are made with bamboo. They feel lovely on your hands. I told the girls Sean wanted a photo of them using his toothbrushes. They complied eagerly!


It was Isabelle's turn to make chocolates for the Advent Calendar. I'd learned many lessons from doing this project with Jos the day before.


The bonus was, leftover chocolate. We poured it over the fruit.


Grampa, who does dishes, said that Isabelle should market herself as a cleaner. She'd licked the molds clean. Izzy made a note! They have fun Grampa and granddaughter...


Izzy and I went out to haul some firewood. Josephine came out, as well, and we made a good haul!



This is what I usually do myself. We built up the fire, to keep them cozy in the basement.


Isabelle and I went down to the frogpond.


She was very concerned about making a hole in the ice! It tends to melt, in the sun, under the dock.


Next, we chatted about two years ago when we actually skated on the ice. Is cleared a spot and did some figure skating.


After she'd spent some time making the hole larger, we went down to look at the wood duck box, where mice friends are nesting.


Up the hill I went. Izzy could hardly make it, she was so tired.


We walked, arm-in-arm, up to the house.


My 'Close eyes' from Grampa yesterday.


We did another Swedish Irish Magic Viking Meatballs.


Mushy Annabelle.


Our afternoon movie: Kung Fu Panda 3!


Momma and Papa were having a blast in Toronto for the weekend. They were downtown, which is where I grew up. I'm an inner city kid! This is the Royal York Hotel, where my mom worked for 30 years in the Rotary Club of Toronto office. I would go in on March Break, and use the addressograph machine, to help her put out the 500-member weekly newsletter.


I took the subway to school, I lived on Walker Ave., and went to Jarvis H.S. Facebook has a page of archival photos from Vintage Toronto: Subways and Trains.



It was a decent bedtime hour, for all of us! There was a problem, as Isabelle read a lot in the morning. Her iPad is down to 26%, so I had to tell them a story. I told another Gramma story. Jos had asked about when they first 'met' Nebuchadnezzar. He is a product of her imagination, and we've carried it on for years. Isabelle and I reminded her that Momma met Neb, back in the day! Then, I took them back through time, when Caitlin dreamed of Neb, and then grew up, and had kids, who had stories about Neb! I contracted an artist to create Jos' mental image of Neb several years ago.

What a wonderful day it was!

10 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

The chocolates look yummy! I too would lick off the remaining chocolates. Heehee... We don't have snow here so its nice to see so much snow. It is going to be a white Christmas for you. Sure fun to have the girls with you.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

They say that in life there are perfect combinations - bacon and eggs, wine and cheese........surely the most perfect of all is grandparents and grandchildren. I think you have been proving this recently.

DUTA said...

Mmmm... great chocolates!
I think the girls enjoy being taken pictures of.They pose naturally. Who knows, they might become models one day, and gramma's camp provides good photographic experience.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Hiya all, just catching up after a weekend away - you sure do know how to have fun together!!! YAM xx

Cloudia said...

Good fun!

William Kendall said...

It's handy to have assistants to bring up some wood to the house, isn't it?

The mice must be quite cozy inside that bird house.

Red said...

A wonderful day and very, very busy and active...just as it should be for kids.

Angie said...

Jenn - I am commenting on all the Camp posts thus far - HOW FUN!!! Next time I expect an invitation … you guys pack so much into a day - no wonder folks are taking naps and conking out at 8.30 (or so). I can see you are beloved grandparents!

Phil Slade said...

You are definitely having a whale of a time Jenn. It's just great when all the family get together at Christmas and at Birthdays too. Our kids all live such busy lives that we so look forward to quality time and watching the little ones bloom.

Linda said...

A weekend packed with memory making activities. We had granddaughter for a weekend sleepover, busy and fun. Tonight she get enrolled in Hirl Huides.