Saturday 27 October 2018

Birds, and Wile E. Coyote # and #3

I was off at my client's house, hubby noticed four evening grosbeaks on the bird feeder. The bonus was, he realized how dirty the window was, and cleaned it!



I love the grosbeaks. We have both evening grosbeaks and rose-breasted grosbeaks. The 3rd photo, below, is a male juvenile, in transition to adulthood.



Back down to the forest...
It is, with great excitement, that I present my second and third videos of coyotes! They are handsome critters. If you watch carefully, you will see Butch raccoon quickly climbing a tree upon hearing Wile approach! That cycle of life... This was 8-ish in the morning, just prior to hubby's walk that day. I see them on my walks the odd time, but not very often. They know to fear humans.



I'd love to use the video feature on the trailcam, but it takes too much battery power. Two appeared at once. They are getting accustomed to the light.



Saturday's Critters #254


11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wow, I would love to have both Grosbeaks at my feeders. Your fall colors and header are beautiful. The coyotes are cool on the wildlife cam. Seeing two together is awesome. I would not want them hanging around though. Awesome photos and video. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend. Enjoy your snow, we are having rain. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love those birds and my hubby was sweet to wash our windows this week! What a difference it makes. Love seeing wildlife. I saw a coyote twice on a hike awhile back...and it scared me a bit! Great photos!

Adam Jones said...

Those Rose-breasted Grosbeaks are truly stunning.

Anvilcloud said...

Good 'videos' especially the first in the daylight.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
ooh, what exciting camera captures! I don't think I had registered before that coyotes have such a bushy, fox-like tail - and facial features actually. YAM xx

Nancy J said...

Great daylight photos, they blend in so well, perfect cover if they lie down. And games maybe!!!

William Kendall said...

Very pretty birds!

Red said...

I wish some grosbeaks would visit me!

KB said...

Beautiful birds

Anu said...

Hello! Wonderful photos and great serie of birds!

Angie said...

Ok, I was excited about the grosbeaks, but now I am out of my seat with those coyotes!!! I have caught one or two photos on my trail cam during the month, but this is way beyond - wow!!! What do you think attracts them to this particular spot? They seemed to hang around for quite a while.