Sunday 21 October 2018

Hubby has new boots!

We went into Ottawa's Bushtukah to get him new boots! Our Jesse used to work there during high school. JB checked their Stittsville store, and they didn't have his size. (He has a wide foot, and a good understanding!)

Ottawa is a city of health nuts. There are lots of people who hike and bike, for example.


Our drive in was uneventful. As we began to leave the parking lot, this dude didn't even check behind him! The next photo shows someone doing a u-turn in the middle of the street!


This used to be a great bike store!


This was our doctor's office when the kids were young.


This pedestrian seemed to wait for her light to turn red before she crossed...??????????


Ottawa is a busy city. There is much going on. Can you tell we have a municipal election going on?!


I haven't seen the Bayshore OCTranspo station from this angle before!


Ottawa has a population of close to a million. It is a fine, artsy, athletic, multicultural city in which to raise children. I know, I did!


I enjoy the Autumn colours!


As we drove out of the city, lovely, big homes, with the migrating geese catching a bite to eat on their way south.


A letter carrier...

7 comments:

Olga said...

Sounds like a trip down memory lane.

My latest pet peeve is bike riders at dusk -- no lights, dressed in dark clothing. Are they on a stealth mission? Do they think headlights hit them and make them visible far sooner than they actually do? So dangerous to all involved!!!

DUTA said...

May he enjoy his new boots! Adequate footwear is extremely important!

Red said...

Lots of variety today.

Nancy J said...

Great boots, and so many geese on a front lawn, what a grand size the home is. The tall buildings, and so many live there, I am always amazed at the size of your cities.

William Kendall said...

I did have to look the shop up online- I hadn't heard of it before, but I don't get out that way much at all.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
yyaay to new boots - am loving the urban mix against the autumnal trees. YAM xx

Angie said...

I love your obsession with drivers and pedestrians and their antics. Always entertaining. I am in the market for a new pair of hiking boots - I need to get to a store to try some on - but it always fills me with trepidation since I want them to work as well as my old ones ...