Saturday 20 October 2018

Critter alerts!

Well, not so much 'alerts' as reports! It's the usual suspects...

I love the turkeys!



Porcupine is a regular visitor. They are slow, gentle, delightful critters, way too susceptible to being road kill.



The cats are sorting out their daily routines. Daisy is insanely jealous of Hooper and Annabelle. Sometimes things calm down.





The fishies are a mixed bag. Some are doing well. A couple show signs of ageing. (Aren't we all?!) The little calico up top, middle, doesn't look well, either.


We had several ribbon snakes last week in the warmth. It's turned cold, and they have gone deep into their hibernaculum.



A buck and a doe on the trailcam. Butch, of course.


Hubby and I were watching TV, when I noticed a wild turkey fly up from under the bird feeder to the roof.

Hooper was sitting there, under the tree, with BIG, BIG eyes! He spooked it. The turkey sat on the roof complaining, then flew to a tree, while the other two encouraged it from below. You can hear them in the video.



Backyard bucks


They are there day and night!

Critter's Meme

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I always love seeing the deer and your cute kitties. The ribbon snakes are beautiful. I have never seen a porcupine in the wild, that is cool.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank also for the comment on my blog.

Adam Jones said...

I love that porcupine and all your wildlife. Super pictures.

Tom said...

...I've seen lots of turkeys feeding along the road this fall, but the move in the woods too fast for me to get some pictures.

William Kendall said...

Daisy and Hooper are busy having the epic stare down of our times.

RedPat said...

I didn't know that wild turkeys could fly so well! It reminds me of the old WKRB show when they let the turkeys out of the airplane.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
hehehe... one tends to forget that turkeys can fly! YAM xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Good seeing all the different critters.

All the best Jan