Tigger is a 9-point buck, with one side having a double split.
This shows the back of his legs, his 'heel' and the dark colouring (pheremones and urine) indicates that he is a dominant buck. The darker the colouring, the more dominance and the more hormones he releases. They urinate on the tarsal glands to spread their scent.
The other deer seems to be a young buck. It could be Pickle Stabber or P.S. 2!
|Hubby & Tigger watches him|
I've three videos of Tigger from this year alone!
Tigger -1 week ago
Tigger 2 -5 days ago
Tigger 3 -5 days ago
Tigger at the feeder 2 years ago
- Whitetails can bound over 8 1/2 m (28') horizontally.
- They eat flowers, like lady slippers. I am lucky I still had some in the springtime, I guess.
- You can tell their weight by the size of their hooves. I had a perfect hoof print the other day. The land has been so wet but this morning it was -10 C. and I think I'll have to wait for another thaw.
- A mature buck can weigh 250 lbs. and they can measure 40" at the shoulder.
- They have metatarsal glands, interdigital glands, as well as scent glands on their heads: forehead glands, tearduct glands, nose glands and salivary glands. They use their hormones to cover up other duck's hormone scents.
- Deer see differently than we do. They are often out in the dark.