Saturday 5 December 2015

It's been a year!

Not since we took her in, but since Annabelle was rescued from a barn. Every day she would go into the vet with her foster-mom, Amy, while our wonderful vet staff were seeking a home for her. They are good saleswomen! The clinic sent a postcard, saying she was due for her annual shots.  I cannot believe it!

We took her in just after Christmas, when we had to put Sady onto the rainbow bridge. Amy has moved over to another vet office, but we keep reporting on Annabelle's progress. She is a delightful cat. She knows the others are jealous.

Annabelle went in for her shots Friday. I'm home, sick with bronchitis and stuff. JB took her in. He's been an amazing nurse, as I've been in bed reading for 3 days! She was easy as pie, thankfully. We're so glad to have been able to take her into our home! Things are slowly getting easier with the other cats. She could easily take Daisy and Dorah in a fight, but she is submissive. She and Buster are buds!

Amy with Buster!
Happy Annie!
Buster's drugs have been good. Things are settling. We find he is calmer, easier on his siblings, and not prone to his 36-hour benders in the forest. I worry so, as we have regular troops through the place: fox, coyote, et al, as evidenced by the trailcam.

Annie, as we call her for short, is happy to stay on the front step most of the time. Sometimes, she'll roar out the door, hoof it to under the bird feeders, of course birds fly, and she looks so proud of herself! She'll enter the room, hop up on us and mush and insist that she hasn't had food in days. I think it is just a habit!

 Unfortunately, she's up another 8 oz., on top of the 3 lb., 3 oz. she gained moving in with us, but in the grand scheme of things... they are all happy and we been doing well with her! She is over 10 lbs., compared to Daisy who is only 7 lbs. Dr. Sarah suggested those timed feeding stations that apportion food, but hubby's happy to get up at 5:30 when she confuses his toes with mice friends, and Annie thinks that perhaps he should be taking care of business! Hubby brought her back into the house, opened up the carrier, and she roared into the bedroom, where I was snuggled in the bed reading! "Mommy, I'm home!"

I am anxious to get out into my forest again. In the meantime, we have busy, happy rescue cats! 

 We try to play with them a lot!
Every morning JB throws a ping pong ball around for Annie. You can see her tail behind the coffee table (above). They are a fun toy!

The 'clown pants' have been fun, too! They have a crinkly sound. Here are Annie and Daisy. They were NEARLY playing together!


 

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jen, all your kitties are adorable. The last year has gone by quickly. Wonderful series of photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

Lea said...

Lovely cats!
Have a great week-end!
Lea

Nancy J said...

I tend to favour the strays so much, and although Boris was a stray, he is not quite #1 with me, the lovely gentle, quiet Ginger Boy is up there, He waits so quietly if the food dish is empty, lets me pat him, never fights with anyone here, and walks off, that bushy tail high as a flag in the wind. Annabelle, one very spoilt, so lucky girl, I am sure she is good company while you are laid up. Maybe a few cat bikkies for a snack as she rests with you!!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos of your cats. They're all very cute.

genie said...

I loved seeing all the pictures of the cats. I tried to rescue one a month ago to no avail. Cat Unlimited helped me...I took him to the vet...but he was so little and emaciated that we had to put her down. I was so upset. I so wanted to save him. He just got to me too late. Vets and Cat Unlimited do so much good.

Red said...

These critters can keep you occupied for much of the day. It's good for them and you.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Happy rescue day, Annabelle!
~

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari om
Adorable Annabelle!!! I remember your arrival, like yesterday... lucky you, lucky peeps!!! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

Powell River Books said...

Makes me yearn for another cat. Our friend in Bellingham has two cats, but I can't see them, let along cuddle them. She adopted two feral cats that only come out when she is alone. Maybe someday, sigh. - Margy

EG CameraGirl said...

It's heartwarming to see how much joy the cats bring to your house!

William Kendall said...

They're all adorable kitties!