Wednesday 8 June 2022

New sheets, butterflies and birds


We've had a dump of rain over the past few days. A total of 23 mm on Tuesday, which is nearly 1". 

We've been doing indoor chores. Today we should get warmth and sun => outdoor chores, weeding and bugs! 

The pollen is even in the rain gauge, floating on the top! 


The pine trees have dumped massive amounts of pollen in the air. The goldfish pond is inundated. It is rather full, and Percy just keeps getting bigger. He cruises the surface of the water, looking like a baby shark.


I sent JB in to buy new pillows for the guest room. The poor kids spent a week in the guest room during their power outage. When he came home with the pillows, I realized they'd spent a week on flannel snowman sheets. I ordered new summer sheets and pillow cases. Ironically enough, the brand is 'Where The Polka Dots Roam!' It's a fun room and looks like a good company. 

JB took the comforter in to be cleaned, and I hauled out the summer one and put it on after I took the photo. I love the sheets. 



After putting out garbage on Monday, Cinnamon and I went walkies to fetch trailcam cards. It was 9 C. at 6 a.m. and few bugs. 


I spotted a couple of Swallowtails in the meadow. They were flitting around the trailcam as I approached. I had high hopes of the videos, but they are so fast. There were some the previous night, but too small for Swallowtails. 

butterflies from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


They are such pretty butterflies.

There was a moment, when I was out on the back deck, when Phoebe landed on the flag pole, and the House Wren sat atop the little fake gazebo. I have the proof, even though Wren took off a second after I began filming. Can you see it?!

2 birds from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


The tourists are out and about. A float plane. 

float plane June 5 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


🧸Snuggle Bears are back! 
"Bear Lodge 1978 Order of Happy Bears; Meeting Comes to Order"

13 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Oh yes I do like the new bed sheets, so very cheerful. I guess Percy at that ever increasing size is not a fish to be bothered by roaming hungry wildlife. :)

Tom said...

...I saw my first swallowtail this week.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh, does the Bear Lodge accept overseas membership??? &*>

The new sheets and pillows make that a very inviting bed indeed... YAM xx

Barbara Rogers said...

Good shot of the Swallowtail. I love watching them, but don't have zoom capability with phone camera!

Anvilcloud said...

Glad you are seeing those wonderful butterflies.

DUTA said...

Lovely new sheets and pillows!May you all enjoy them!

Cloudia said...

Fun!

RedPat said...

I've only seen a couple of white butterflies here.

Red said...

Lots of pollen here from spruce trees. Never used to be that way. I guess many of the spruce have matured.

Powell River Books said...

Thanks for the welcome home. We've had rain, two days of sort of sun, and now three more days of rain to come. Maybe I can get to the garden next week to plant some seeds. The ones I planted in the pots last March haven't done much yet. We love our flannel sheets so much that we use them all year long. - Margy

William Kendall said...

That's one big fish.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The fish is doing well. I love the butterfly.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the new bed-linen.
Lovely to see the butterfly.

All the best Jan