Thursday 16 June 2022

Things are poppying!

The season carries on. The horse chestnut blooms have given way to baby horse chestnuts!


Monday morning the two bags of garbage had been attacked in the garage! This has happened before, you'd think we'd learn! Butch raccoon is a frequent visitor, and we'd not closed the door at dusk. Blonde Butch always visits around 4 p.m.


We had a parcel delivery. The young man commented on how nice the garden smells, and how great it looks. He said, "Take from a guy who visits a couple hundred houses!" Isn't that sweet? 
We don't entertain, nor do we know many people in the community. This is nice feedback. Enjoy them while you can!





So far so good – my fence is working. I may be able to see my Asiatic Lilies bloom this year.

I've two Yucca plants throwing up a stalk. I'm looking forward to those blooms.

My last photo of the phoebe family. I noticed one in the yard later.


Silly me. We laughed and laughed. I thought last Sunday was Father's Day. The cats bought Joseph Brian a book about cats. Snuggle Bears presented it.


I've noticed the hummingbird landing on the guy wire. I wondered what a video would look like. I had my chance!  ♪♫♩ Bird on a wire!

hummingbird from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I repainted my scultpure. I use rust spray paint. After that I moved it, having to take the flowers off, in order to have it face the deck. We're spending a lot of time up on the deck. Fewer bugs.

When I removed the bricks keeping it stable I found a few ants! I was thinking of someone's comment years ago. How typical of me to have some lovely 'AW' photos, and then yucky ones!

ants from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...things worth waiting for.

Anvilcloud said...

That was a nice compliment.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I can't smell your garden but it sure looks great. Nice to hear that kind of favourable remark from the delivery man.

RedPat said...

I love all your flowers.

Jeanie said...

I've had bird seed bags attacked in the garage, never garbage. That's a mess. The garden looks great. And your yard is such a happy place! Our Father's Day is this week. We won't see the kids because of Rick's Covid but hopefully he will Facetime with them.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Pretty flowers, I love the clematis and poppies. Your sculpture is pretty.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Gaelyn said...

Your delivery man is right. Nothing weird about ants, they are fascinating. Happy Father's Day to JB, early. ;)

Christine said...

Love poppies

Divers and Sundry said...

How kind of the delivery guy to take the time to compliment you. Sweet :) Your flowers are beautiful. Your sculpture makes a nice touch, a bright spot against the green. I remember the first time I saw a perching hummingbird. Fun!

DUTA said...

The red poppies never fail to excite me.

Nancy J said...

Do you have Peony flowers too?? Lovely compliment, so good to know others appreciate your garden.

Elephant's Child said...

Loving your garden - and what a lovely compliment.

William Kendall said...

A lovely garden.

Red said...

It's the peak time of year for blooms.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Such pretty flowers! That is a nice compliment from the delivery driver:)