Thursday 31 December 2020

The coyote tale!

 Coyote Dec 27 

I put the turkey carcass in the box. My photographer acquaintance did this one year. I wasn't going to make soup, what the heck. The last time I did this, the barred owl went after it! [Trailcam tails and hooligans]

Coyote arrived at 3:52 and didn't leave until 4:16.  I think. I know we have three coyotes, but they won't wear name tags. He came, he pooped (again!), saw a box... He was very cautious. It's hilarious.



Butch Dec 27 
Butch won, however. He grabbed the carcass and took it out of the box, 5:30 in the morning!


Coyote Dec 27 7:50 Coyote came back at 7:50, and ate his fill. I'm sure he didn't thank Butch for dumping the box!

Coyote Dec 27 8 a.m.  

By 8:00 the sun was coming up, and he was back!


Coyote and the box  
The next day, I put the last of the bones out. He snatched the box!


8 comments:

Tom said...

...talk about feeding the wildlife!

Anvilcloud said...

I watched them all for a change. That’s a very wary coyote.

Happy New Year

Nancy J said...

Happy New Year XXXX What a lot of work for a few bones, that box must have seemed very scary to the coyote, he looked like he had lovely thick fur and a grand tail. However even bones would be tasty.Hope he has a great New Year too.

RedPat said...

They are well fed! Happy New Year to you both!

Christine said...

The wildlife enjoyed!

Red said...

That's a very healthy looking coyote.

Kay said...

Happy New Year, Jenn! Your wildlife is definitely wild and very amazing too. I love your new header. It's beautiful!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Around here the coyotes look exceptionally healthy this year. Perhaps the feeding is good, and I suppose the absence of deep snow helps.