Friday 18 December 2020

Gramma Camp in a Year of COVID – Week 20 Thursday

 I heard another plane overhead. It had a strange flight path. I guess the jet setters aren't suffering too much!  Hah!


The girls worked on remote learning.
Grampa got groceries.
During the afternoon break, I suggested we work out. Isabelle said her "brain is mush" and she wanted to read. (Her new library book downloaded.) Our drama queen!


Jos and I began playing down in the basement. We had fun. It lulled Isabelle downstairs! It was great with the beach ball, we only broke one piece of china. It was a good work out! 

Meantime, Caitlin and I have been playing Scrabble online. I made a graph of our scores. 

Noël is quite happy with the new microwave oven! Our kids are so funny!

Tiberius is festive. Felix is exhausted.

So, the new trailcam wasn't terrific. I had 5 photos of me peering at the screen. I'm hoping we'll do better tomorrow. I went back down in the cold and reset it to VIDEO, which I thought I'd done. Back to the drawing board. 

This could be where my mice friend lives!

I ordered dinner from The Hot Wok, our Asian Fusion restaurant. Pick up was 5:30. Yay Grampa!

Then, we began our taped movie!

Yesterday, we watched some Border Security. Grampa gave Jos a chain to put the badge on. When Grampa retired, Homeland Security, with whom he had worked in Washington, gave him the badge and a bag when he retired. The theme song is the Eurythmics, "Would I lie to you?

In the dark of the night...coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Caitlin did a virtual gingerbread-making work party. It's beautiful! Both adults have been working from home. Employers and employees are figuring out wonderful ways of connecting. 


7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Polar express has been kind of a tradition with the kids. I am not sure if it still is. Ours is A CHristmas Carol and White Christmas although we tend to do the latter after Christmas.

RedPat said...

You sure are busy during these weeks!

William Kendall said...

Gingerbread houses are one thing that wasn't done in our home growing up.

Christine said...

The girls are well entertained! I linked to you today
https://cmlk79.blogspot.com/2020/12/paint-party-friday-cardinal.html

Karen said...

I love the Polar Express. Hope we can find it for family viewing.

Tom said...

...every family needs a drama queen!

Nancy J said...

Will School continue over Christmas? I hope you might get some "teachers' Off time" but lessons are a priority these days.XXX