Wednesday 26 December 2018

Boxing Day Baby!

What a busy time we've been having. Today it is my birthday. I expect there will be some fun to be had by all!

It is a poignant day for me. I met my birth mother once. It did not go well.  (Meeting my birth mother) I often think of my mother in the hospital, alone. She didn't tell her family, but lived with a foster family in Toronto until I was born.

Happily, I was adopted into a loving family. Both my parents have passed over.

In the meantime, we have had snow!
Notice the snowman feeder, the seed piled up inside.
We had Christmas with two of my three children, and their families. More on that later!


9 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Happy Birthday, Jenn!!! The snow is so pretty. YAM xx

Nancy J said...

I love all your feeders, and guess the message gets spread around. " Call in here for a feed and a photo session" The snow, it is piled up, and to have 2 out of 3 with you, that must have been very special. I wonder which friend passed on my address to you? I did get some emails asking for my new address, maybe it was one of them.XXX for your birthday all over again.

Red said...

Happy birthday. Have a great day. Your birthday brings back some memories and lots of questions.

William Kendall said...

The snow is a welcome sight. We have had it consistently in town, and it is snowing again now.

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

Happy Birthday! Two of our granddaughters are adopted and are great sisters to each other though from different countries. They know they are loved!

DUTA said...

Happy Birthday to you! I was born a day after you, only some ten years earlier.
Adoption is a complex matter, especially for the adopted. There's anger, curiosity, worry (genetics), but the moment one starts one's own family, all the thoughts and actions go forward as it should be.
Happy 2019 year!

Anvilcloud said...

I hope you had a good one.

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Birthday Wishes …

All the best Jan