Tuesday 25 December 2018

The grandies!

Well, it is an unusual Christmas for us. Daisy is safely ensconced in the cat hotel. I miss her terribly. I'm angry, too. I think Buster bullied her, and she associates (male) Hooper with that. She is always chasing him. I feel it's rather a betrayal of the family, she's just making much anger and frustration on my part. For someone prone to depression, it's been a time.

Happily, I had a wonderful day Sunday. I have to avoid some of the news. I feel so badly for those without, suffering from Climate Change, war or other trauma. That said, we have to watch our triggers, and step back when we have to.


We have three adult children, and 4 granddaughters. Jesse, my middle son, brought his family all the way here from Vancouver. What a journey, the two parents with a 7-month-old and a 3-year-old. They fared well, and ended up safe and sound at Caitlin's house.

I tracked their flight. There were a lot of people flying!


The cousins adore one another. They arrived Thursday, at 6 p.m. and hunkered down with cousins.  My son, Jesse, and daughter, Caitlin, haven't been together for Christmas with their children. We did Facetime Friday morning. They were having a blast. The girls are all sleeping together in Josee's room.  These are screen captures from our chat Friday.


Saturday the plan was swimming at the wave pool, but SUNDAY they came for a visit here. We were twins!


We had a fun play outdoors. Grampa got caught up on his curling and football.
Cluny is three. We played in the front yard, first.


After we rang the bell, off to find tracks in the snow. Mice friends had been busy. There were deer and turkey tracks, too.


I showed Cluny the dock, and stepped onto the ice, there was a loud CRACK. we all giggled and I hustled myself back onto the dock.

I showed Cluny the wood duck nesting boxes.

We moved on around the pond,through the woods.


Bryony is 7 months. So adorable!


After selfies, photos, and fun, SNOW ANGELS! Jess managed, even with Bryony on his chest!


We had fun with Lego, and blocks.

Cluny painted,

and then, a snuggle.

Dinner (spaghetti), a bath, jammies, and then they went back to Caitlin's house in the dark.
Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

DUTA said...

The little ones are adorable, both in your arms as well as in their parents' arms!It's warmheartning to see the love among your four granddies.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Among my fondest memories of earlier childhood is of being picked from my bed at night (along with my sibs) and settled in the car and then my parents driving through the long night to get to the grandparents North of the border in time for holidays. To wake up and see granny and grandad made these trips seem magical!!! Happy days to you dear! YAM xx

William Kendall said...

It's good that you had family around.

I think you're correct about Daisy and how she sees Hooper. From her point of view she might be angry about him being in the house because of that. It may be quite a bit of work changing that.

Anvilcloud said...

What a major Christmas trip. How wonderful for all.

RedPat said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Red said...

You're a lucky gal to have these little beaners come to your house and spend some time.

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous pictures.
Such special times.

Happy Holidays.

All the best Jan