Saturday 29 December 2018

A Birthday Bash

Christmas. The fun continued! We played and visited Christmas Day. Mightily entertained by Cluny.



December 26th

Breakfast in the hotel. (It is included!) Then, off to Caitlin's house.


We did lots of visiting. With six adults, and four children, we had much fun. Grampa went back to the hotel for a nap in the afternoon. The dads and the 2 middle cousins went out to play. Josephine grabbed my camera. She took the first three through the window.





The moms, Gramma, and youngest and oldest cousins stayed indoors. Jos took some fine photos. We had so much fun. Bryony can stand, and is about to crawl, but she'll almost walk, if you hold her hands.


Caitlin and three of the cousins disappeared into the kitchen, and the door was closed. Jos secretly took a photo with my camera. Cluny roared out, and proudly told her mom, "I put icing on the cake!" No surprises here! I knew something was up. Jos took a photo.


Much of the day was spent doing Lego. The kids, as well as Momma.


Play-do

Also, we played with Izzy's new Boxer Robot. It is amazing! It comes with these cards, which it scans, and does what the card says to do. It has a soccer ball. It will hunt around for it and kick it. It chats to you, in robot language.


Papa printed off a track, which Boxer will follow.



Work continued on the crossword puzzle. By now, it was a group effort.


My family!


After dinner (my favourite: spaghetti carbonara), the cake. My dear daughter built me a cock-eyed cake. (Remember Peg Bracken's I Hate To Cook cookbook? No dairy, yeast or eggs!)



Me, with my granddaughters! All FOUR. In one room! Some were dressed, others, not!!! I had bought myself a new dress for $20 at a local 2nd hand shop. I paired it with black tights.


Here are the girls! Josee, Bryony, Caitlin, me, Stacie, Cluny and Isabelle!

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You have joyful hair.

DUTA said...

Lovely family pictures! You look very nice in your new dress and red scarf!The kids are a joy and a balm to the soul. Briony gets much deserved attention.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
ooohh, that last shot is one to frame! What a wonderful time for you Jenn. YAM xx

Nancy J said...

Jenn, happiness in huge dollops with all the girls together. A wonderful birthday and with winter travel problems, even more special. XXXXX

Red said...

Lots of good family fun here.

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous
Fabulous
Fabulous
Did I say FABULOUS! LOL!

Wonderful post, lovely pictures … and my grandchildren are envious of the snow! Wow!

My good wishes.
Enjoy this weekend and a Happy New Year

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Baby smiles are quite a thing.

Olga said...

What a beautiful family -- makes for a very special Christmas.