Thursday 5 March 2009

Dreams

Dreams come true for here stand I
Fairy tale queen residing in her castle
About my throat a necklace of fine jewels
Upon my head a tiara laced with rubies and diamonds

Yet deep within my heart doubts linger
Am I a pretender to the throne
What have I done to deserve all this?
Is it recompense for previous life sufferings?

I wander the halls awestruck
Diaphanous gown flutters
A violet-blue wafting of butterfly wings
Torches are mounted high on the walls
Brass fixtures reflect the flickering light
A warm breath blows from up ahead
A flute plays while a harp dances lightly
Up and down the octaves in harmony

Leaning against doorways
Angels wait to guide me in my journey
Heavenly choirs singing songs of hope
Bodies sway in a rhythm from deep within their souls
A heart beat that is common to us all
The spirit of love that joins us
A journey such as this is not to be taken in silence
Keep on dancing towards the light
Do not ask why this miracle is
Revel in the bliss

1 comment:

judy in ky said...

Lovely post, I love the contemplative look of the kitty.