Wednesday 25 March 2009

Watery Wednesday







It is so exciting. It is becoming watery.
The lake is slowly melting. The top of the water appears darker, as the ice becomes less ice and more liquid.

Each night, as many of us have posted, the rind (thin layer of ice on the open water) is less. Each day, the wind washes over the top of the ice layer, pushing the water along, creating currents and moving the water.

I have a little boat, I've lost the turtle who sat in it, and I like to watch the current move the boat. The cat likes this boat, too. He chases it along the shore.

We were shopping for our granddaughter and my husband found me a pirate captain (Cap't George Travis) for the boat. Now that we are semi-retired, we have fun by our lake. In this season before the shoulder season (pre-summer when the seasonal visitors return on weekends), we like the peace and tranquility of the lake.

Sacap't george travisdy, our wicked hunter-cat, brought a mouse for us to see. Her brother, Ollie, wanted a piece but she wasn't sharing and took it off back under the cottage.


To update you on our ill cat, for my fellow animal lovers, Mitzie has been eating better. You can tell by the photo that she has strange behaviour. Grabbing a chunk of meat with her claw, dragging it over the floor into her mouth, spending much time cleaning her tuna-covered paws. Maybe she had a virus? We cannot pick her up and take her to the vet. She will claw us. We tried many things, but she seems to have turned the corner. Cross your fingers for us.

3 comments:

Judy said...

I do not think your pirate captain is dressed for the weather!!
Isn't it just so wonderful to see liquid water again?
I was at the spring flower show at the college yesterday, and overheard one guy saying the resident cat greets him with a mouse every morning. I have photos of her, sans mouse, that I will post after I get all 300 photos edited.
Glad the convalescent is getting better!!

Gunilla said...

Lovely photos thanks for sharing

Gunilla in Sweden

~gail~mooselovingmamabear said...

You live in the most beautiful part of the country....thanks for sharing...