Thursday 9 May 2024

More repairs!

No bat last night. Whew! It happens once a year, usually. The juveniles need to figure out a better home!

I talked to a police officer about our stolen flag. It has been reported, at least.

Repairs: sympathetic restoration or an honest repair?

It poured rain on Wednesday. Time for indoor chores. I've been working on regrouting my fish tank. An honest repair. Cinnamon isn't much of an assistant. I've been scraping the grout out of the corners. I needed the step ladder to reach in and I'm just a few inches short. Next I'll have to use rubbing alcohol to super clean the corners.


The trees are leafing out. The blossoms are lovely. 

We're near the end of the daffodil season. The maples are leafing out.

The frog pond is greening up. 

Muskrat is still building under the dock. 

At least s/he is cleaning up some of the native phragmites. 

I repaired my pooter and caught another couple dozen lily bugs. You suck on one end, and the other end sucks in the bug.

Fred has been a hoot, gathering leaves and grass in its mouth to take into the burrow. Fred takes breaks to eat, too.

Fred in the daffies from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Fred burrow #5 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

10 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Dear little Fred! Muskrat Love comes to mind, old song!

MARY G said...

Laughing over the fish tanks. I used to stay with the grandkid while her parents went to conferences. Her father, a fish physiologist, had a huge salt water tank with assorted species and corals that he cherished. Grandkid was coached on how to maintain it when father could not. One evening in spring I decided the house was too warm and opened windows. Grandkid firmly closed them again as she said the fish tank had to be maintained at temperature and I could just go outside and cool off, but the fish could not.
So I know where I rate.

Karen said...

Do you think there are little ones in the burrow?

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Yep it's official, I am in love with Fred's! YAM xx

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Whew, glad you got the bat problem taken care of. This Fred is a very cute groundhog!

RedPat said...

Fred is a star.

Tom said...

...Fred's cousins is living our back here,

Red said...

Fred gives you some education about ground hogs.

Elephant's Child said...

Echoing everyone else. Fred is totally cute.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Fred is a hoot!!
I love how you stay busy.