Friday 17 May 2024

What a week!

It was a busy week for us! Me, especially. I get so frustrated in stores, and driving, and then get anxious and upset. JB does the bulk of the shopping. However... Monday I went out to buy plants, Tuesday I went to my client's house, Wednesday we went to the dentist (JB drove), and Thursday, out to my new hairdresser. From there, we went out to dinner. I am feeling a lot better this season. 

 It was been a cloudy/rainy few days. I prefer doing my planting in the sunshine! That said, what can one do? Out back, the fuchsia have been put in the hanging planter. I broke off two branches of the little plants. I feel so badly. 


This pot has the giganticus petunias, as well as Diplademia. We'll see how this goes. I overwintered on once, but it brought bugs into the house. The expensive ones at the nursery are 3' tall and blooming. I couldn't justify that.

Caitlin was cleaning out around her veggies, and brought me some forget-me-don'ts for my garden. I have to plant them, but the little bees are swirling around in great delight.  


Caitlin brought me a hanging planter for Mother's Day. It is up, beside the cherry tomato plants. There are 4 tomato plants stuffed in the original pot. I transplanted it into a bigger pot. Last year I staked the tomato plant, and it worked really well. With all our critters, this is the best way to grow veggies here!


I must admit that I didn't get to this one. I may put a new liner in it first. I have some petunias and lobelia to go into it.

I think I won the Candytuft war. The deer nibble it in the winter, the clump at the end of the sidewalk, and prevent the buds from forming in spring. I had put some protection around it, but they don't produce as many flowers as the other plants. 


This is beside the goldfish pond. Several clumps. Not pruned by deer and they are thriving.


Dahlia and petunias in this planter!

I toddled down to the frog pond. There are tadpoles of a good size. The mosquitos were cruising over the top of the water like little spitfires.


13 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Mosquitos cruising like little spitfires - now there’s an apt description of an Ontario spring if ever there was one!

Barbara Rogers said...

Hope the mosquitos stayed playing spitfires over the water rather than visiting you! Love seeing all your new plants. I've also bought a 6-pack of petunias, and put 2 in each of various pots with other things...so that way I hope at least something will make it through the summer.

Karen said...

The raccoons went on a rampage here last night. Pots dug up, others emptied and tossed off the high porch. The bird feeder out front was toppled over. It used to be a bird bath. We are going into "lockdown" now. No treats out to tempt!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
It all looks so lush! YAM xx

DUTA said...

Caitlin brought you useful things. Bless her heart!

RedPat said...

Mosquitoes already! Yuck, they are such pests.
You have done well getting things planted between rainfalls.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. That's a lot of outings, and the plant-buying in particular sounds like fun. The goldfish pond always makes me wish I could do something like that here. Nice!

Nancy J said...

All looking very spring like in your garden, the white flowers give a lovely contrast to the green lawn.

Red said...

I look at all you've done and wonder how long it would take me.

Elephant's Child said...

Loving your garden. We are going for a top of 12C today - but I really, really need to get out in ours.

DeniseinVA said...

A very busy week but rewarding I'm sure. Always enjoy, thanks so much Jenn!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You had fun shopping for plants, it is always an adventure! WE will get our one yellow pear tomato plant soon:)

Lowcarb team member said...

Certainly sounds a busy week, I hope you can relax a little over the weekend.

All the best Jan