Thursday 30 May 2024

Made it to Thursday!

 Wednesday came early, but the forecast looked clear. We had a cold front move in, and it really changes my gardening routines!

In the parking lot, after our visit to the bank manager Monday, a skein of Canada geese! Then the heaven's opened up and the rain poured down. We went home to dry off and try to calm down.



2024 Process of Cancer Treatment Tuesday, May 28
PART CXII – Good PSA test Feb. 2, Lupron injection Feb. 12. MMR booster March.
PART CXIII – Zoom meeting May 28th with Dr. C, the surgeon. All is well. The Lupron is doing its work. Calcium supplements are good, as are his exercises to help build up bone strength. We will carry on as usual. Another Zoom meeting in 6 months, and a face-to-face in a year. 

We were happy to have a Zoom meeting with the surgeon. It works so well. He was only a half hour late to the Zoom meeting, but it was way easier than sitting waiting in the living room, driving the 90 minutes into the city and back.

 

I noticed a doe out back. She seems pregnant! 


I wrote about repainting my coloured pencil, moving it to the daffodil garden. The hummingbird, as well as the phoebes (feeding newly hatched chicks), like to perch on it.

 

Out the open window I heard a bird. I peeked, and it was a Great Crested Flycatcher, gone by the time I returned with the camera. Besides, the screen is in with all the bugs. I do have archived photos. 


Phoebe is doing a good job. I continue to look at them infrequently. I just worry about the mink! Last year it got the cardinals in the nest in the lilac tree. This year it got to the wood duck eggs.



Nutmeg in one of her favourite spots, on top of my Nanny's hand-made quilt. Nanny passed in the late 70s. Nutmeg looks to JB, then back to me.



I learned this from JimThe pose below is called Flehmen responseIt is a cat thing, as well as deer and other critters. Nutmeg does this a lot.
"However, cats also have a secret weapon when it comes to smells. They have a second “nose.” This special piece of equipment is called the Jacobson’s organ, or vomeronasal organ, and is located on the roof of the mouth."
This is Cinnamon exploring the smells of the new antler just after it dropped in winter.

I hope everyone has a good one.

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Love the birds and your cute kitty.
Take care, have a great day!

Barbara Rogers said...

Good news on cancer! Yes, doe may be more than just herself. Loved seeing hummers. It was downright chilly here last night! I have put away the heavy duty blankets, so had to turn on the heat. Have a good Thurs.

Anvilcloud said...

A zoom call sounds so practical. During C, doctors could still be paid for phone consults, but that went away. I wonder if zooms are new exceptions?

Gaelyn said...

Good news for JB.

Red said...

It's a wild world out there. Everything is fair game.

Nancy J said...

Our cats smell with their mouth when something is not normal. Zoom calls, what a saving in travel. Down here, most people pay for a phone consult, even if it is the practice nurse, but that depends on your own GP. Our GP practice is SO good and well worth the extra 35 minutes travel.

Elephant's Child said...

Excellent news on the cancer front.
I love your pencil - and yay for cats and other critters.

Jeanie said...

Very good news about JB! YAY! And I love your cat and bird photos in this post. An extra nose? Who knew?!