Saturday 18 May 2024

Saturday's Critters

 It's the long weekend. The critters don't know this, but they ought to be careful. We do our town errands on Thursday mornings to avoid the traffic and line ups. 

Fred 2 is, I think, the female. She has been staying under the deck, or nearby, for the most part. She comes up for air, a stretch, and a sleep in the sun! They really are fun to watch. She'll motor around hoovering up the violets and the grass.





 

Fred in the rain from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Butch Raccoon has been a little more active!
 

Butch May 12 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Fred takes a break!
 

Fred on break from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

When I saw this, I was worried. Skunk poking its nose into Fred's den. Fred was sleeping, I hope. They are diurnal critters. I've seldom seen the skunk in the daytime. They know humans are to be avoided.
The skunk is soaked with the rainfall!

 

skunk from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Saturday's Critters # 544 <= It's critter day!

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I like the Fred videos, they can look very relaxed.
Neat capture of the skunk.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Barbara Rogers said...

Scent of Fred 2 must have been pretty high even with rain. Now she has to deal with intruder Skunk's scent at the entrance! Oh my - not a visitor she'd have invited in for tea. I'm slipping into Wind in the Willows again!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Fredrica probably has some little ones under there or she is preparing to give birth. She sure stretches out like she is uncomfortable!

RedPat said...

I love seeing Fred spread out on the deck.

tz_garden said...

Fred, or Fredericka flattened out on the deck soaking up some warmth is adorable!

Divers and Sundry said...

I remember being surprised at how big they are. They look like they feel right at home, which I guess they are...

We get skunks here, but I never see them except as occasional roadkill.

Elephant's Child said...

Love your, exotic to me, critters.

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Saturday.

Many thanks for the photographs and videos.

All the best Jan

Red said...

The two Fred's give you enough to do all day.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Fascinating wildlife encounters!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely videos of Fred,

Yvonne said...

Always enjoyable.