Tuesday 21 May 2024

New plants and old

 For posterity, I'll put this here. My new plants. I don't have a plan. I just wing it. With the dying of the old Catalpa tree, the garden has gone from a shade garden to a sunny one. 

Pumpkins beside the house. Take that, Fred! Actually, the deer like them, too.


Hollyhock (I'm not confident)

Castor bean with zuccinni where the bird feeder sat all winter.

Repotted cherry tomato plant. There are 4 in the original pot. I might have split them, but that'd be two pots to water not one!

Beside Guinivere: Foxglove, and Joe Pye Weed

When bloggers post wonderful photos of gardens, it reminds me to check on the plants I've forgotten about. Maggie Magnolia! 



It is fun grabbing plants and shoving them into the ground with great hopes. Then there is maintenance. I have to be careful using the lawn tractor. Between Fred and Phoebe! Can you see Phoebe on the back of the farthest chair?!


I did the lawn. JB trimmed.


That was Sunday. Monday I managed to get the water fountain all set. This is the inside of the base. It is a pain to take it apart. The pump gets cluttered with debris. Mostly grass when I do the lawn!!! (See above!)
I had an idea, after all these years. A little trap meant for sinks. I am so pleased!


11 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You have a ton of space to do what you will with it.

Barbara Rogers said...

And boom, everything is growing like crazy now. Phoebe is Fred's mate...good one. I don't know the story behind dragon Guinevere. She's a beauty to ride out all seasons.

RedPat said...

The plants will be enjoying this warm weather.

Jeanie said...

You've been so busy. I love that you have room to spread out and do things. It's going to be terrific!

Nancy J said...

Looking almost summery there with shorts and green grass.

Elephant's Child said...

Loving your garden. Again. Still.

Divers and Sundry said...

You have such a great place, and your magnolia is coming along nicely. I always enjoy pond updates👍

Christine said...

I wing it too!

Cloudia said...

Oh look at Maggie! I think you have a wonderful place in the world. As I've mentioned before and I think everyday will be at your posts. You really care for your land and care about your land. That is true. Aloha

Red said...

You certainly do a lot of tinkering with the gizmos in your yard.

tz_garden said...

The sink drain was a stroke of genius!