Friday 30 June 2023

Then and now

I was processing some old photos. Specifically ones from September, 2010, when we moved here. We had a fence put in by Scott Dobson. The trees have grown, as well.

 
I planted this serviceberry a couple of years after we moved in.


Here is the catalpa tree, and the old fake well overtop the actual well head. They took off the fake well when they replaced the well pipe one February in an expensive emergency plumbing fix. 

The garden has evolved and grown.

The trees sure have grown! Views from the front deck in 2010 compared to 2023.


This is what we could see of the road in 2010, it is virtually hidden now.



All of these trees have grown so much! I've trimmed the evergreens in order to be able to mow under them. You can't see the house from the same spot!


Do you remember the catalpa that was in full bloom the other day? This is how it looked in 2010 (below, left). It is as tall as the maple, now. 
 


🥚🐣The House Wrens have since fledged, but here is my last peek. The snake scope is tricky, I cannot tell which end is up!

 

house wrens from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Another hot day. School is out for our grandkids, both the girls in Ottawa and the girls in Vancouver. We've Gramma Camp next week. Last one, they tell me. They have so many friends they want to hang out with.




8 comments:

Tom said...

...things have a way of changing!

Karen said...

I remember how my two grandsons were here all summer as little ones. Only one remains in the area, now all grown. He works in shifts and has two small children, so I'm lucky to see him a couple of times a year. (I see his children more often, bumping into Moms in WalMart with them in the cart)

Olga said...

How things change -- trees and granddaughters!

RedPat said...

It's good to have photos to remind us of the changes.

Elephant's Child said...

Love the way the trees and the grandies have grown.

Christine said...

A nice look back

William Kendall said...

Time flies, doesn't it?

Red said...

I like the way your son and daughter in law crouch down to be level with the kids.