Monday 24 June 2019

Some of our critters

Annabelle went outside. Hooper thought HE should be outside, too!


Annabelle was outside. Hooper didn't like that!

I like using the video setting on the trailcams. I carefully choose the frame, just in case you don't need to see my critters moving. I'm interested in their behaviour, however.
I love the trailcam. I run down, with my hoodie on, bug spray on my hat, and run back to the house... OK, I don't RUN, but I move briskly. Hooper goes with me, often times.



I tried the photo setting, and it's just not the same, but it uses a lot less battery power.

A coyote! Such a handsome fella!

Some middle-aged schoolmarm having fun on the tractor! 

I know that birds stomp on the ground to raise the worms, I think the raccoons have figured it out, too! I think this is what Butch is doing! It's funny to watch.


He's back at it. Calling for a female. They've learned to make loud noises on the metal. It'd be the 2nd brood.


This sounds like a bear chuffing, but I'm not sure!
Who goes there? from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Of course, it is tick season. I yelled at JB to fetch some tape. He finally heard me, and he got it off my arm.
Tick numbers are down this year. So far.

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Cute video of Annabelle, I love the deer too. The coyote are pretty, but can be dangerous for the little critters. We've been seeing a lot of ticks lately.
Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Karen said...

Do you have your door screen taped up too? The dastardly chipmunks keep tearing our screen. It's not unusual to find a chipmunk sitting in the cats dish in the kitchen having a snack, while our big old labrador acts as lookout for it.

Nancy J said...

Everybody having fun, even on 4 wheels. Love the bird, galloping deer and Annabelle, what a laugh to see her attack the mat, Poor Hooper inside, he looked as if he would attack the door.

Anvilcloud said...

Ooh. I like the trailcam photos.

William Kendall said...

Annabelle clawing the mat is priceless.

Olga said...

I like the critters except for the ticks. I can't quite include them on my wishing goodwill to the creatures of the earth.

Red said...

You don't want to see much of the last critter.

Nancy Chan said...

Enjoyed your videos. Oh, I hate ticks!