Sunday 23 June 2019

Perth Art Tour & catch-up

Off we went to the Perth Art Tour. This replaces the Art In The Barn show that is now defunct. When your neighbours are having open house art shows, you really ought to visit them! 

 

On the way to the next studio:


Many locations had several artists showing their work. This spot is amazing, with a beautiful view. Maureen Garner has lived here 40 years. Also showing, Riley Garner, and Laurie J.W. Winter.


Maureen O'Brien



Next stop... Pat Purdy. She teaches art, and has a large basement studio.


We only visited three artists, then went home. There is lots to see here. We have a doe who hangs about much of the day.


As always, I'm curious about homes for sale. Our modest bungalow is lovely, on 16 acres. This will be our last house. With the situation of overpriced homes in Canada's big cities, Vancouver, Toronto, for example, where small homes fetch a bidding war, and go for millions of dollars. This is one we passed on our arts tour drive.

I looked it up, being curious. Homes by the water are called 'cottages' whether they are 4-season or not. Wowsa. That's a pretty penny.
Cottage for sale!
We did Facetime with Isabelle and Caitlin. Isabelle told us about their new car. It's a 2017 Nissan Leaf. An electric car, she can plug it in at its nostril, she told us. That tickled her fancy. Her Papa is running for the Green Party, again.  The federal election is in November. The attack ads have begun. sigh.

His magnetic sign will go on the new car! This is from October, 2015.

More news. Poor Izzy had a fall while bike riding. She's good now, with a great story. They were walking home after the incident, and strangers went into their house and gave her paper towels, as she was bleeding profusely. She walked a bit, then got back up on the bike to ride home. What a trooper!



I had news for them. Along the lines of "Don't Tell The Kids" stories. Of course, I always tell them.
I sat down to put my foot brace on, prior to my wetland walk, and I put it on the wrong foot. Isabelle laughed! "That won't do you any good!"

It's been pretty good, my foot, so long as I watch it, and wear shoes and sock for long walks, the brace when I need it. I had therapy on it a few years ago. Repetitive strain injuries are thing that does me in. Old age isn't for chumps!


12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I hope your foot is feeling better. I enjoyed the post and art work. Cute photos of the deer. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day! Have a great new week ahead.

Crafty Green Poet said...

The Art Tour looks wonderful. There are art tours round rural areas of Scotland and we sometimes check out some of the studios.

Lowcarb team member said...

Always nice to see and read your posts.
I do enjoy art shows/open houses like this, we have a local art group that do similar, it's such fun!

Lovely picture of the deer.

Pleased Izzy is ok after falling from her bike and you must look after your foot.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Quite a tour!

Rain said...

Old age is for chumps!! :) Hope your injury eases up. I have some repetitive strain injuries too, bah...hate them. I refuse to take pain killers, they make me nauseous so I've pretty much accepted the pain. I love art tours...we have a "Route des Arts" here in July, I always go. There are some talented people out there!

Rain said...

I meant to say "Old age ISN'T for chumps"!!! :)

Sue (this n that) said...

Thanks for this post Jenn, I absolutely loved seeing all the artworks and the studios too. Your pics show them all really well.

Lovely doe pics too. That's so nice how it stays near.

Poor Izzy... and, yes, how brave she was to carry on. Hope her foot heals really quickly.

Same for your leg - too right - agree 100% old age isn't for chumps lol, says I as I rub some more calamine lotion on another patch of ageing skin ;D)
Good cheer to you and yours, hugs from Sue

Kay said...

Ouch on your foot and ouch for poor Izzy. My granddaughter also fell off her bike just before the first day of school a couple of years ago. She had a helmet on and everything, but somehow she fell on her FACE and cracked two teeth. Sheesh! Luckily a pediatric dentist was able to fix her up so she could go to school. She still had scratches on her face, but at least her teeth were fixed... sort of.

Kay said...

I've never seen a foot brace like that. I hope it doesn't give you anymore pain.

Home prices over here are insane too.

riitta k said...

Beautiful impressions from your garden and I loved to see the art studio. Wishing you a great week.

Nancy Chan said...

So nice to visit the art show in open air instead of in halls. Houses and cars are getting more and more expensive these days.

Anvilcloud said...

Izzy’s fall reminds me that we passed a bike accident in Ottawa today, except I think it was a motorbike this time,