Wednesday 26 June 2019

Book Review: Infiltrated by Demons


I thought I'd try it, after Kathryn Blanche offered me a review copy. I wouldn't have picked it up, but it grew on me. It's a young adult novel.

Being the third book in the series, I was worried about jumping on in, but the wise author gives just enough background that I caught the gist, and understood the characters.

Some young people are into vampires and the supernatural. I've read my fair share of supernatural books, but I wasn't really into vampires. I liked the book. The hero, Laila, is a strong female with supernatural and I found that appealed to me.

There is a glossary at the back, which helps with these mythic creatures.

The fight scenes, and the action, were quite something. She writes well. The post-apocalyptic world is an amazing creation. Book 4 is on the way, as well. I suppose I should read books 1 & 2 first!


From the publicist:
Kathryn Blanche is a teacher and international traveler who writes about Special Agent Laila Eyvindr’s duty to protect the people of Los Angeles from supernatural threats in her Laila of Midgard series. Infiltrated by Demons, the third book in the series, involves a murder investigation that leads to the discovery of a greater plot that threatens the peace of the city. 
The only question is, how far is Laila willing to go to save her new home? Blanche’s book starts out with the slaughter of people in their homes by a rogue vampire. Supernatural murders and riots in the streets are part of the struggles Laila and her team face. Not only that, Laila faces an unknown traitor in her midst. And the murders are just beginning.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Good review!

DeniseinVA said...

That looks like an interesting read. Thanks for the review :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for the review.

All the best Jan