Tuesday 31 July 2018

Winery in Westport: daycation Part 4

This is a daycation saga!


On the way home from Napanee, we popped into Scheuermann Winery, located in Westport. It was just a whim. Hubby had oysters, he was happy as a clam! I did a wine tasting. It isn't cheap: $58.00 for; a bottle of wine (pinot noir $35), 4 oysters (4 x 3 = $12), 3 wine tastings ($5), a root beer. But we are worth it, hubby tells me! The oysters were fabulous. It was very busy, they also offer pizza, as well as other food: wood fire grilled meals.
Westport has a number of cottagers from the US, there were several US licence plates.
 

6 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
gotta tell ya, $3 per oyster prepared for you is pretty reasonable - by Aussie standards anyway. Average more like $5-6 per oyster (AUD and CAD about =). You can get them cheaper at the supermarket and sort them yourself of course! You had a great trip - and yes, you are worth it!!! YAM xx

DeniseinVA said...

Sounds very enjoyable. The last time I went on a wine tasting was over 12 months ago. I got tiddly! What can I say, it was my first wine tasting, the small appetizers didn't work their magic. Everything went straight to my head ;) Can't wait for my next wine tasting, lol!

Christine said...

I love oysters.

Nancy J said...

A beautiful place to call into, a large vineyard, and other goodies on their menu. A video showing more, I did a Google hop to see.Wonder how they protect the vines from frost, down here, smoke pots, wind turbines, or if a huge vineyard, choppers that fly back and forth in early mornings.

William Kendall said...

It's been ages since I've been around Westport.

Anonymous said...

Sounds that you had a good time!