Tuesday 24 July 2018

Here and there...

Over there

Well, our kids are in Ethiopia. I followed their flight overseas, which was late. Happily, they made their connecting flight. The technology is amazing, following the plane in real time. There was a half hour wait to get a gate. Caitlin commented on our queueing system, with Business Class and children boarding first, then zone 2, etc., which works. She said it was a free-for-all boarding in Istanbul, Turkey (IST), and everyone just piled into the line.



Here at home

Poor JB. He goes for his morning walks and has to go by the filthy ditches. He couldn't stand it anymore. Off he went, ditch diving. I did it in April, three times. It truly is disgusting, but I rant at the choir, I know, blog buddies. Sorry.


You can see the clouds, finally. We've had about 10 mm of rain. The cats helped me go out to look for caterpillars. Hooper threw in a bit of a play.
Cat play from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

This is the hill that takes me down to the meadow, I was standing in the meadow, at the bottom of the hill beside the monarch garden. The trailcamera is on the tree centre right of these trees. A few raccoons, and a critter with a black tail. I think a short-tailed weasel!


♩♪♫ I've seen fire,


and I've seen rain...
My feet got wet, but it was lovely!

7 comments:

Nancy J said...

Flight Tracker, a wonderful innovation. I followed our family from NZ to Vancouver last year.A huge delay at Auckland, they just made their connecting flight to Kelowna. Then a huge delay coming home,too much snow at Vancouver and at Kamloops. Rain, sounds heavy, hope it was warm.

Olga said...

It's hard to remember life without all the technology we enjoy today and I don't even take advantage as much as many. We had a little much needed rain, but not enough.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Hmmm - the piling onto planes is the more common experience of world travellers, let me tell ya! Crazy mentality. The seat is the seat and it ain't going anywhere without them!!! YAM xx

Out To Pasture said...

Gosh but I love your Hooper boy. Annabelle is a good sport! I also see red when inconsiderate folk toss trash out of car windows or in the street. Kudos to you guys for helping clean up the mess!

Karen said...

Looking forward to more rain. I swear I'm going to stand in the back yard and have a shower (as long a it isn't booming and zooming overhead). It's THAT warm!

Anvilcloud said...

I associate that song with Anne Murray. We had it on an LP ~1970 ... and onward of course.

William Kendall said...

Annabelle's thinking, "I'll get you, when you least suspect it."