Thursday 19 July 2018

Gramma Camp Part 3

Wednesday, July 18th

Izzy was up at 6:30. She was cold. We finally have a break in the heat wave. She is never cold!
They are getting too old
for cartoons!
We watched Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn.

In the meantime, Momma has been beating Gramma on Angry Birds! Izzy just laughs. She's on Momma's side.
 

Brekkie: two slices of toast and two slices of watermelon! Isabelle showed Grampa how to cut the watermelon.

The only glitch has been a stomach bug both Izzy and I have had. I was in the ER Saturday, and it isn't pneumonia. We both have had diarrhea. Izzy is now better, I'm still using my puffer for my cough. I did a lot of laundry!

Grampa and Izzy went grocery shopping, also to return the video from the day before. Before they left, I showed Isabelle the latest caterpillar. We have about a half dozen milkweed plants around the front step. All have two or more eggs or caterpillars.

Then, Isabelle fed the deerflies from my hat sticky to the goldfish. She could feel them bumping the stick. With the wetland so dry in our drought, the girls counted 11 froggies seeking shelter in the goldfish pond.


10:30 Josephine emerged from the basement. She made herself a bagel for brekkie.
"I like staying at your house, Gramma. I can sleep in, and get up when I feel like it. Momma and Poppa are always getting up and going somewhere!"

Close eyes. Grampa bought both girls the exact same lego kit.


Jos finished first.


Jos and I continued to work on our book, The Caribbean Rescue. She's taken all the photos, I've uploaded them to the on-line photobook. She arranges the photos, then dictates the narrative and I type it in.

I've written several books, The story of Darth Vader was our last one. I wrote one for Grampa about our Buck, and another from Caitlin's trip to Taipei, and our trip to the Dominican Republic.


11:20 Izzy had a peach, because she IS a peach! Also watermelon.


Josee found a tick on Annabelle. Jos had one on her a month ago at home. She knows what to look for. It was a nymph, crawling on Annie's neck. Ticks are way down this year. Thankfully.

Noon lunch on the back deck. Summertime is wonderful.

I was inspired: Mandala Rocks. First we sorted the rocks we'd fetched yesterday.


Then they painted the rocks. Jos moved into the shade after 15 minutes, while Iz was making a pit stop!


 I sent Jos out to take photos of the individual rocks, for posterity!

Afternoon movie: Black Panther

Isabelle took the photos of Josephine and Hooper in his cat bed.


Then Jos took photos of Hooper!



Grampa went into town, came home, and popped some dinosaurs by the rocks. He said they were dinosaur eggs that hatched! We brought it all in so that Butch raccoon didn't play with them overnight.


Overnight, the critters have been visiting in the yard! A coyote, a momma raccoon, and Hooper. I think the trailcam needs new batteries!

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You certainly keep them busy. I've had posts in the queue, so I think I start Kids Week tomorrow -- on our last day with them. Not nearly as extensive or intensive as yours.

DUTA said...

Painting rocks is an activity with lovely results, and very educational! Watermelon is such a popular fruit - good for everyone, in any condition! The same applies to peaches. I eat them daily in summer.
Sorry to hear you needed the ER. Hope you feel better now.

Olga said...

The girls are growing so fast -- as grandchildren seem to do. You are certainly keeping them engaged and happy.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Those are some pretty painted pebbles - I particularly like the red/pink and the ying/yang! Well done crew. The photos of Hooper are totes cute... and did you all enjoy Black Panther? I really enjoyed it! YAM xx

Linda said...

Gramma camp looks like lots of fun. The painted rocks turned out great.

William Kendall said...

Hooper looks quite content.

Nancy J said...

Painted rocks, a little more and they can be sold, I had a friend who did cats on them, the rocks were a bit larger. What a fun filled day, do you ever rest? Looks hot up there too,

Authors with Advice said...

You know how to keep them busy and engaged in what they do. Kudos to you!