Tuesday 1 October 2013

Wetland walkies - found some bones!

We found some bones. Somebody had a meal on the island in the wetland! It's a safe place, surrounded by bulrushes, knee-deep in muck. Many creatures feed on our island. I have found deer fur two years ago. More, from another carcass, last year. 
Wetland walkies means finding stuff!
Everyone had to take a drink from the frog pond!

Buster was in the lead!

I'm not sure what this would be! Perhaps a bird, with the holes in the bone.

   I have no idea, but maybe someone else does. 

3 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

No ideas on the bones, but I love the way your cats like to hike! You don't hear about that too often!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I found the remains of a Pigeon on our front drive, a sparrohawk had been having dinner. Not a pleasent sight.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty spot for a walk. The bones are a cool find. Have a happy day!