Saturday 25 December 2010

Olive, the other reindeer

On this, Christmas Eve, I show gratitude for being able to share our forest/lawn with the critters.

Our deer (Dorothy, Rachel, Miranda - doh, ray, me!) have been coming to our feeder for awhile, before the snow flew. Our grass is rather yummy!
 Suddenly, a few days ago, we had 7 deer. D, R, M weren't too happy. JB was delighted, and quickly made up their names. He's good at that. All those years being a serious business man, the creativity and humour just explodes in a celebration of retired life!

We do have enough for Santa's sleigh, now. They kept chasing one another away until D, R, M moved away to the bird feeder, and they ignored Olive, and the other deer.


Then, they went into the front yard and ran across the road.

1 comment:

An Unconventional Mummy said...

When I was four years old, my parents took me on a holiday north to Bracebridge to "visit" Santa at his summer home.Many moons later and it's quite obvious to me that you uncovered a huge story.... Santa doesn't live at the North Pole , he must live in Bracebridge!
Great photo's, thanks for sharing!