Friday 24 December 2010

Red squirrel delight

A regular visitor at our new bird (deer) feeder, it watches for cats like stink. The baffles work well.  Fortunately, the jays scatter enough seed for Santa's reindeer, we had 7 visitors the other day!
I discovered it was tunnelling under the snow, like a mole (the 1st 4 sec. of video). So entertaining!

I have yet to figure out how to get close enough for photos, as I did in Bala (where the photos are from). My hyperactive little tree rat is a bit jumpy. Danger (AKA Oliver) lurks in the open lawn, behind a bush!


Lovely red coat

Hey George. Tell him to get his paws off of me!

Catch me if you can.

Nipping it in the bud!

4 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I've never seen squirrels do that tunneling move in the snow before. That is very funny.

Megan said...

Merry Christmas, Jenn!

Grandma K said...

Oh, how I love your pictures. It is just beautiful - I love the look of the snow. I have to admit that on a day to day basis, I am glad we don't have it. But in your place is just completes the beautiful scenery.

Merry Christmas, Jenn!

Rusty said...

It looks like that little red was enjoying himself.

May you have a very merry christmas. ATB!