Sunday 3 May 2009

MTM - Jarvis C.I.








Jarvis C. I.'s 200th Anniversary photos from 2007
There is something about an old building. I loved learning, hated the high school scene! I felt fat, ugly and when I look back - what I wouldn't give for those hips now!
Never in the 'in' crowd, I got all A's and sailed through.

The swim team, junior choir, senior choir, madrigal choir made it fun.
I hung around with the smart girls. There were about 5 of us. It was the years of bell bottoms, afros, and every class photo had at least one kid with a cigarette in hand.



The front - the trees, as are some of us, are much bigger and older.

















I love the facade. Many a year book photo was taken on these steps.
http://www.jilks.com/Jarvis2007/Jarvis2007-Images/19.jpg


Library



















auditorium murals
murals

















murals 2

















So much fun going back in time to my old high school.
The foyer

foyer

















marble staircases

staircases



















The auditorium
auditorium



The lockers look so different. Doesn't it conjure up memories of days gone by?!
lockers in the hall
px;" alt="IMG_1316.JPG" src="">

4 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks Jenn! I think I love the murals most of all. Those were the days. To have those bodies and this wisdom and freedom would be fine by me!

EG CameraGirl said...

Looks like you and your camera had fun visiting your past. ;-) I've never gone back to my high school but I think it's fun to hear about other peoples' experiences. I was never in the IN crowd either so I doubt very many of my former classmates would remember me.

Lyzzydee said...

I must try and go back and look around my old senior school. I now love old building although at the time I thought they were boring, I am hoping that my son gets a place at the Uni he wants its a fantastic historic building!

debra said...

The murals are wonderful! I would never want to go back to those days, though.