Monday 2 November 2020

Trailcam Critters

I went down to the trailcam on Wednesday. It was late, as Josephine wanted to come with me, but was working on a video as a school assignment. She didn't finish until 5 p.m. I headed down alone. I picked up trailcam #2, as I wanted to move it. Taking it with me, I arrived at trailcam #1 and it was dead as a doornail. I couldn't figure it out. I'd just replaced the rechargeable batteries the day prior. I took it off the tree, and put #2 in its place. 

Trotting up to the house, the sun was heading for bed, and it was getting chilly. I grabbed the memory cards and hoped for the best.

For some creative reason, I was trying to get rid of an old pillow, and I'd placed one by camera #2. I'd had 150 videos to sort through, and I accidentally deleted the one of the coyote hauling the pillow away, about 2 m., and then shaking it several times. 

Sometimes the coyotes just pee on the space.

coyote Oct 27 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The coyotes were being silly, again. They go right, they go left. Sometimes very fast, other times, not so much. 

Coyote trips from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Momma Butch still has 3 kits, down from 5. I was happy to see them.

Momma Butch 3 kits from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Fisher Oct. 28

fisher Oct 28 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I moved the camera. We had a bunny!

bunny from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...you sure get a lot of visitors!

Anvilcloud said...

Neat. Sometimes I click although I don't always stay for the full feature. :)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Those trail cameras are quite remarkable in terms of the wildlife they reveal and the varied behaviours you are able to observe. Thanks for sharing with us.

Nancy J said...

In the first coyote video, I looked at the drop in the temperature, startling as it went from 17C to a minus overnight , love their bushy tails.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
A lovely collection, Jenn - I particularly enjoy seeing the Family Butch doing so well! YAM xx

Christine said...

The critters are always busy, out and about!

Kay said...

She lost two of her babies? There are other predators?

Jenn Jilks said...

I know, AC, the videos are for those who like their behaviour!

Yes, Kay, she's lost 2. There are coyotes and all sort of predators!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I can’t get over the animals you get on your trail cams. The pillow scene must have been funny, but you did save some great footage. I wonder what on earth those coyotes are thinking!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful videos of the wildlife right in your own backyard ~

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka(A Creative Harbor)

Out To Pasture said...

Enjoyed your wildlife videos, Jennifer. I finally gave up my struggles with dead batteries and camera malfunction. Did you put a scent attractant down? Looks like the animals were sniffing at the same patch. I had good luck with sprinkling a little chicken broth on the ground.

William Kendall said...

The way the fisher moves around is interesting to see.