Tuesday 24 November 2020

The cleanup!

 We had 4 cm of snow. Overnight, it warmed up and there is ice on top of the snow. JB cancelled his 8 a.m. physiotherapy appointment. I took out the garbage in the car. It is not -2, as they said, more like 0, as it is melting. The trick is to use the snowblower when it is cold. Otherwise, it freezes in the auger.


It began slowly.

Built up fast, much to the turkey's chagrin.

By the next morning, our white pines drooped.




The birds were busy at the feeders!
It was a strange storm, as it began as snow, and the Colorado Low warmed up, with rain on top of snow. The poor trees. Ice-covered and droopy. They melted by the end of the day.


I didn't do the driveway. It was just slush once the sun came out. I drove the garbage out, backing up the driveway. You can see my tracks off a bit to the left.  
I scraped off the end of the driveway, where the snowplough piles it up. The sun was going to come out and it'll melt some. Heavy stuff.
I saw a woman get out of her car and dump some garbage at a neighbour's house.
Cinnamon stayed off the snow!

I let the cats out in the morning, in the dark. They were a bit surprised! 

10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Still plenty left this morning. I am hoping that a warmer weekend along with rian will rid us of most of it.

Tom said...

...from where I'm sitting it looks quite pretty!

RedPat said...

I'm surprised the cats went out!

DUTA said...

Snow is beautiful to look at, but I'm glad it's far from me, very rare thing where I live. Your picture are awsome!

Nancy J said...

Those cats, it's a wonder their paws do not freeze. Love the droopy trees.

Linda said...

and so the winter weather begins

Christine said...

Yes we did a lot of shovelling but all is well now.

William Kendall said...

The best kind of weather!

Red said...

Snow can be messy. I don't like heavy wet snow. I don't like ran in the winter either.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The snow looks lovely, nice for a little walk but I don't like driving in it.