Saturday 7 November 2020

Who goes there in the dark?

 It's that time of year. Flora and fauna are hunkering down for winter. Except, it's been a bit balmy for Autumn. That will change, and winter will unfold as it should. Wild temperatures... Not as bad as out west, as Red has said. 


I've put out my lights. I had a chance to see them as I was BBQing on the back deck and I heard noises by the road. Sure enough, I walked down with my flashlight and found two vans, three men and a flat tire. Apparently, they were on their way home from a job and the spare tire was under equipment. They were cheerful. I asked if they needed anything. They told me that lots of people had stopped, but they were just about done. I took a photo of my lights.

In the backyard, I've put lights around the water fountain.


The coyote was back. This time, the lights were still on. The trailcams only do black and white in the night.

coyote Nov 5 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Bunny came back, at great speed. It was a short sprint, and I repeated the frames in slow motion!

10 comments:

Anu said...

Hello. Those videos of the coyote and the bunny are nice.
Take care.

Tom said...

...we have had some beautiful days, great for stringing the lights if you are into that!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You are early with the Christmas lights. They look pretty. Neat capture of the Coyote! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, stay safe! Enjoy your weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice to have your lights up to enjoy! I may change some decorations this week if it starts raining like they've predicted. Coyotes are interesting!

RedPat said...

I have little solar lights all around outside - I like to look out and see bits of colour & light.

Christine said...

Early Christmas lights! Very nice.

Red said...

Whoa! Christmas lights? It's too early.

carol l mckenna said...

Glorious night shots and video ^_^

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Kay said...

The lights are certainly festive. It's been such a long time since we've put up lights.

Rain said...

Great idea to put your lights out Jenn, I love them! :) Coyote is pretty close to home!